cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Your favorite TV show or Movie

Thought if your here trying to work through a crave this may take your mind off of it.

Some of my all time favorite movies ( cause I can't name just one, I have many I love)

The Man from Snowy Mountain

On Golden Pond

August Rush

The Blind Side

Pride and Prejudice 

The Crown ( Netflix Series)

Secretariat - although I despise horse racing, this was a good movie

Downton Abbey

The Showman ( About PT Barnum )

Hows that for starters...Your turn......I gotta go get some zzzzz's

30 Replies
Bree19

Sophie’s Choice

Schindler’s List

On Golden Pond

August Rush

Pride and Prejudice 

Calendar Girls

Rocky Horror

Across the Universe

Tuesdays with Morrie

The Hours

Beaches

The River Wild

The Crown

Downton Abbey

Victoria

Friends

Grey’s

House

West Wing

The Walking Dead

Orphan Black

I'll leave some for the rest of the group to mention.

Bree

Deb-EX

Bree19 Tell me about Orphan Black! I've started the series a couple of times maybe got through 3 episodes and it just hasn't grabbed me. Everyone seems to love this show, maybe I haven't given it enough time and need to keep going..?? Thoughts

Bree19

Deb-EX You know I agree.  The start was too fast or I was too slow but I was lost for the first few episodes.  Didn't know who was who, who was dead, people getting shot and they're not telling me why.  But I think from Epi 3 or 4 I became mesmerised by Tatiana Maslany.  The storyline gets a LOT more interesting/understandable or I became more focussed - but her portrayal of nearly 10 different characters was astonishing.  And I also enjoyed that each character really had some depth and a back story.  Give it one more try?  Let me know if it bites.  But then again, we can't  all get hooked on the same thing all the time - we'd be too boring!  

Bree

Ps.  Did you watch Handmaid's Tale?

Deb-EX

Ok.. I will give it another shot! A lot of great shows had horrible starts!! 

No, I didn't see Handsmaid Tails?? Good??

Bree19

It was a creepy (good) series from a Margaret Atwood novel about a dystopian future following another American Civil War.  Women, called "Handmaids," are forced into child-bearing servitude. Emmy's and Globes all over the place.

2nd season starts in April.  Can't wait.

xo

Deb-EX

Oh I love me some creepy!!! I will check it out

Deb-EX

Ohhh.. I am the TV junkie that will stay up almost all night  LOL

If anyone has Amazon Prime or HBO: The Pacific.. It's an HBO 10 part series about WW II (USA/JAP) - I just finished it for the second time and will most likely watch again sooner rather than later. Just fantastic in every way!

Band Of Brothers !! 

Netflix:

Bloodline ( In my top 5)

The AO - (This was awesome)

Black Mirror

Sense 8

Stranger things 

HOUSE OF CARDS!!!!! 

The Killing

Amazon Prime:

Sneaky Pete 

Man in the High Castle 

Breaking Bad

OK.. Those are MY very favorites at this moment but I have tons and tons more!!

Deb-EX‌  Stranger Things was SO good.  That's usually not my type of show but WOW!  I binged watched that.  I finished the 2nd season in 3 days I think.

Deb-EX

Stranger things was so good right? !! My son and I binged season 2 in a weekend! If you liked that than you should try The AO another great surprise.. another binge..Loved it. 

0 Kudos