cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

7 Hours In! GRRRRRRRRR

Omg it's my trigger time.  Hubby goes to bed, I smoke accept not tonite.  I dont even have 3 joys to share on the 3 Joys.  Alas.  7 hours of hiding under my blankets""  .    I can't do this... 

Yet I know thru working in a field of addiction, its kicked successfully all the time!!!   And encourage it. 

I've witnessed it over and over.~~~

But, me?   IDK. If it's possible.

38 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Have you quit?  

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

7 long painful hrs.  Not even a day yet.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

well you have been around enough to prepare.  Its not easy the first few days but do what you can to distract.  I slept all I could - lol - or took baths - or read novels - anything  that wasn't a trigger.  Find what works for you...

sbbain1

YOU CAN DO IT!  I had to avoid a lot of things the first two weeks.  I couldn't go outside on my "smoking patio" or to my mom's house for two weeks because it was my smoking triggers.  I also had to quit drinking beer and did that almost 54 days and now I hardly drink.  Quitting smoking saved my life because I was smoking and drinking too much.  I started as a closet smoker, then social smoker (when I drank) and then full time smoker even though I didn't smoke in my house or car EVER!  I also avoided being around other smokers because it's easy to bum from a friend and they are more than eager to give it to you.  You may have to avoid being around smokers too if you have to, but also tell as many people around you of your plan to QUIT FOREVER!  I was 48 when I quit and started walking and running and I'm proud to say, I traded one addiction for another, but a healthy one this time.  I'm a runner and have run 12 half marathons now and will celebrate 5 years SMOKE FREE on March 29th.  I know I'm talking about me, but I wanted to share things that helped for me.  I think I started running because I was afraid of gaining weight because I had heard stories of people quitting and then gaining weight. 

This is a great resource and all I used to QUIT since my insurance wouldn't cover Chantix.  I quit cold turkey with only the help of this online group and they are AMAZING!

Good Luck and you are STRONGER than you think!

Have a blessed day,

Stacey

3/29/13

CarolinaGal

Don't let it beat you! You've got this! We're all pulling for you1 

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations to the beginning of a wonderful smoke free life. You can do it. If you believe you can achieve. 

JACKIE1-25-15

Change the thinking!

MichelleDiane

You can do it anaussiemom!  So many people are with you on this journey.  Although each has their own story our roads meet.  It is the journey to be smoke free.  Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to be angry, scared, sad, etc.  And then go and do something.  Get absorbed in a book, organize a drawer, give yourself a facial, or anything else except smoke.  You've got this!

Hugs,

Michelle

Barb102

You can do this!!  If I’m up to day 12 I know you can do this!  We all believe in you please believe in yourself. My first 3 days were the worse, it’s still not easy, but the more days behind me, the stronger I am. What I did was tell myself this is awful, I’m only doing this for today or for another hour. Somehow one day turned into 12. Please believe you can do this, because you can!

Barb