Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

singletary13

sleeping triggers

I want to sleep but I have a cigarette craving so I can't sleep at night

5 Replies
indingrl

Welcome singletary13 you my beloved have MANY choices today.... you can read THE EXPERT ADVICE BLOGS BY DR HAYS.... BLOGS ON TRIGGERS OR ON NICOTINE WITHDRAWL or YOU Singletary13 can CHOOSE... YOUR CHOICE to use nicotine to get cancers of many kinds or a heart attack or stroke or You singletary13 can CHOOSE whatever EXCUSE you want to use nicotine NO ONE CAN CHOOSE FOR YOU..... I did it.... I used NICOTINE.... MY CHOICE EXCUSE....this man I didn't like QUIT using NICOTINE on the SAME day as ME and I CHOSE TO USE NICOTINE... I WAS THAT IMMATURE....The FACT was I WANTED TO USE NICOTINE and I USED....NO ONE COULD STOP ME....I WANTED TO USE ... people here SUGGESTED that I educated MYSELF on MY nicotine addiction... not anyone else ... I discovered I am a nicotine ADDICT and I will use any excuse to USE MY DRUG OF CHOICE....so hopefully you will CHOOSE wisely for you singletary13.... I TOOK ALL the suggestions here and went without sleep in the BEGINNING too and I believe DR HAYS has a blog on sleep disorders too!  so IF YOU CHOOSE to educate YOURSELF FOR YOU.... to read read read Dr Hays blogs to EDUCATE YOURSELF....that what was SUGGESTED to ME 7 YEARS ago and fyi its all about MY CHOICE TO LIVE OR DIE to use nicotine or to be OPEN MINDED to learn NEW thinking like NOT ONE PUFF OVER ME or think I CHOOSE TO LIVE without using nicotine to sleep.... thank you for saving MY life today... I will REMAIN to stay quit no matter what with you singletary13 on this day ONLY... it is ONE DAY AT A TIME.... keep on keepin on you singletary13 are NOT ALONE and CONGRATS SLEEPLESS NICOTINE FREEDOM DAY! Your doing it... YOUR CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES FOR YOU NOT ONE PUFF EVER! Aka  N.O.P.E.   

anaussiemom

I must be having a moment....
Do you have a link to DR HAYS has a blog on sleep disorders too!" 

Cant find anything specifically on Sleeping?

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I'm so sorry you had a bag night. Have you tried other methods for getting sleepy, like warm milk, melatonin, talking a walk, etc? Lots of people experience some insomnia when quitting...maybe some short term meds are order.  Give it a try and don't give up!

Giulia

Our sleeping patterns tend to be disrupted during the quitting process.  Like Annette above me I'd suggest Melatonin, an over-the-counter supplement (a hormone that our body's make to regulate our wake/sleep cycles) that can aid in helping us get to sleep.  It comes in different strengths.  Before you take it you should consult with your health care provider just in case.   Relaxation meditations prior to sleep can also help.  You can find those on youtube.  Reading, for many, helps people sleep.  You might type "sleep" or "can't sleep" in the community search box for other suggestions.  It takes time for our bodies to adjust.  Stay with it.

Bree19

Just to add to what Giulia said. 

I  don't generally use my mobile for anything but phoning or texting.  But I ventured into the Play Store and found many guided relaxation and meditation apps.  Male and female voices.  So many to choose from.  Now I just have to hear a certain voice and I'm out like a light!

My sleep (or lack of), is still affecting me now - nearly a year after quitting, so the relaxation sessions are like magic for me.

Bree