gmcculloch

N.O.P.E. from now on

Discussion created by gmcculloch on Jan 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by gmcculloch

I had my last cigarette at 10 PM last Friday the 26th.  40 hours in and so far so good. This is the first time I have gone cold turkey. I had always used the patch to help the withdrawal symptoms, but after reading Freedom From Nicotine and The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, I made the decision that was not the best way this time.  So far, cravings have been tolerable and are gone in a few minutes. I have not had trouble sleeping but do have a slight headache and have to admit that I am very cranky. Anger seems to be the worst symptom and I am hopeful that will subside soon. By tomorrow at 10 PM I will have made it through the first 3 days. For me, that is when the real work comes in. Staying off has always been my challenge but I never had this site before. I will be checking in often and will not forget my new mantra of Not One Puff Ever. I am hopeful that this time I know enough to make a difference. Thank you to everyone who helped me get back on track quickly after my relapse two weeks ago. Back to work tomorrow and will check in at the end of the day. To all my fellow quitters, hang in there!

Gina

Outcomes