cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@mention?

Jump to solution

I have tried every way that I know how to @mention Jackie - Went to her profile and tried to copy - it did not work.  After a year why the hell has this not been fixed?

Capture.PNG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update 10/26/18: This has now been fixed.

I'm putting pressure on Jive to get this fixed but they've been going through some re-org which pushed the previous time-frame out a bit.  They've now said it should happen Late Q1 or early Q2 2018.  For anyone who has an _ in their username and would like to switch it, I'll help with that. Just get in contact with me.  

You can get around it in one of two ways.

1. Giulia solution mentioned here: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17320-mention#comment-113399  by copying and pasting full profile URL into your post.
  2. Or use the Insert Link button and then type in "/people/username" (example: /people/Mark for Me) in the URL field and "username" (example: Mark) in the Text to Display field. You need their username exactly as it appears in their profile URL.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Sootie

I can JACKIE1-25-15‌ if that is the JACKIE who you mean-----but I still cannot @mention anyone who uses the underscore in their online name .................................

MarilynH

That's a really good question Jennifer, the @ mention's should be fixed by now! JACKIE1-25-15 oops I got it to work Jennifer-Quit

No it MsJ from Ohio I think - she was very active when I first joined but not so much now - does not like the new platform.

Sorry Jennifer and Jackie, I know who you mean now my mind just went to our Jackie1 I really hope they get all @mention's working!#

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Ms.J_11-10-2013‌, I think this is the one Jennifer! Jennifer-Quit

Thanks Marilyn - still don't know why it would not work for me - maybe I am just tired and cranky this evening - lol

I find the @ is touchy especially if I tap on the letters too fast and then I get cranky, put your feet up and relax for a bit before bed.

0 Kudos