Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Where can I get medicine for cravings?

how can I get medicine for my craving 

5 Replies
Roller831

I quit by using Chantix which is supposed to help with cravings.  That is one medication you can get through a doctor since it is available by prescription.  I feel it did help, but the side effects were bad for me so I ended up stopping it one week after I quit,

There are NRT's you can get over the counter like gum, patches, and lozenges.  However, a lot will depend on if you have quit, how long you have been quit, are planning to quit, how much you smoke, etc. so it may not be a simple answer.

Perhaps you could give us a bit more info and that may help us to better assist you.

indingrl

Welcome Joshuaforever2 just click on EXPERT ADVICE then click DR TAYLOR HAYS BLOGS he has all your INFORMATION! Thanks for asking and on seeking NICOTINE FREEDOM for yourself  Joshuaforever2 

0 Kudos
DiamondB

I hear ZYBAN IS GREAT ALSO HELPS WITH DEPRESSION ,  combination therapy is awesome as well I've researched on that quite a bit. I will be starting combination therapy soon I've only been    FREE for two day's now. Tomorrow will be Day (3) for ME.

Primary care Physician can prescribe the treatment.  To you and if you have private or government insurance it'll cover the Nicotine replacement therapy.

I'll be starting treatment. SOON I'm giving my system about a week to clear out.  By drinking Hot green tea twice a day which helps the cravings.  So around February 5th I'll be on the MED!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You can purchase over the counter NRT"s at your local pharmacy.  NRT's . Medication RX from your doctor. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX.  The idea is to start at the beginning by making a commitment that no matter what happens or goes on in your life that you will not use it as an EXcuse to smoke.   With that philosophy you will have success on this journey. Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started. 

0 Kudos