AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't seem to make it for the long haul

Question asked by gmcculloch on Jan 25, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 by Daniela-3-11-2016

I joined this group about 2-3 weeks ago. At that point I had been off cigarettes for 2 weeks and was worried that the old pattern of stopping and then going back was going to happen. I was doing great. I bought the book recommended on The Illustrated Easy Way to Stop Smoking and found it very helpful. The support from this group was amazing and also really helpful. Then, my Godson committed suicide. I was not able to be online and on the site. There was no time for the week of planning and this week is so sad for my friend who lost her son for no apparent reason. Staying strong was not in the cards the last 10 days and I am back to my 1 pack a day habit. Every day I wake up and want it to the the day I stop. But by 11 AM, there I am at the store, buying a pack of cigarettes. I don't understand how I continue to smoke knowing all that I do about the ways to quit and how bad it is for me. Any insight would be appreciated. I am going to read the book again and am shooting for this Saturday as my new quit date.

TX

Gina

Outcomes