cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Jerinjess

Could I see a doctor online and get the chantix?

Wondering if I seen a doctor online like camera to camera kind of thing if they can give me chantix or does chantix require blood tests and blood pressure tests and things of that nature making me have to come in physically to get the chantix?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

not sure.  If you're smoking right now, go to my quit plan and learn about smoking and how nicotine affects you and start tracking your cigarettes.  That is the biggest first step.  knowledge is power in this whole quitting game

MichelleDiane

I know that there are therapy sessions done online, but not sure about having prescriptions done over the internet.  

YoungAtHeart

Here is a site that provides reviews sites for online doctors:  The Top 10 Doctor Review Sites in 2016.  I can't imagine that any of the doctors couldn't prescribe Chantix. With the side effects listed for it, though, I am not sure I would take it without being under the supervision of a local doctor.  I took it and had no problems - but you never know.

Nancy

shashort

Hmm never heard of a Doctor prescribing anything on line but wow that would be great.  I took Chantix for 3 weeks but the side effects got the best of me, but think I managed to fight the side effects along enough for the chantix to do its work.