cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & In-betweener Weekly Check in - 1/22/2018

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.

Zig Ziglar

We do this blog every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those somewhere in-between who have less than 1 year of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

This week’s topic: Getting to know your fellow NMLers and In-betweeners!

1. Who was your childhood actor/actress crush?
  2. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
  3. What are two truths and a lie about you?

We have so many who should be entering NML in the next week or two!  I am excited to get to know everyone!

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
AnnetteMM

I'll be entering NML on Wednesday this week!  I cannot even believe I've come so far already. But here are two truths and one lie about me:

I'm retired.

I've never been to Mexico.

I've been to all 50 states.

Roller831

Welcome to NML!  Please make sure to check out the blog posts linked to above!  I have seen NML get to a few people so you want to be aware of what could lie ahead!  You may also want to check out some of the blogs written by OldBones-Larry‌ who led many through the NML Desert including sights such as Desolation Point and Relapse Rocks.  I look forward to getting to know you better and helping you through your journey through NML and beyond!

I am going to guess that the lie is you have never been to Mexico!  If you have been to all 50 states, I am guessing you have been to Mexico as well.  And if you have been to all 50 states, then you have time to travel and are retired. 

AnnetteMM

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I will certainly look into all the posts. They really do help so much.

My lie is the 50 states. My late husband and I made it to 41 by multiple road trips.

I've never been to Mexico and I am retired.

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Hi There - Checking in on my 31st DOF. 

My childhood actor crush was Robert Hegyes.  They guy who played Epstein on Welcome Back, Kotter.

My worst job was working in the locker room at a county pool after the swim season ended.  Cleaning bathrooms sealed my decision to continue my education.

1. I used to host a weekly television show highlighting up and coming musicians.

2. I lived in Athens Greece for a year.

3. I always wanted to act and may pursue it in retirement.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Epstein was very cool.  I liked him, too, although my actual childhood crush was David Cassidy

I'm guessing that you did not live in Athens, Greece.

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Good Morning AnnetteMM

You are correct!  I spent 2 weeks there many years ago and loved it. 

I have a Partridge Family reference as well.  First, while everyone else liked David Cassidy, I thought Danny was the cutest.  When I look back at it now, I had some pretty bad taste in tv boys!

Also, while in 3rd or 4th grade, my best friend and I used to go out on the playground and since Partridge Family songs at recess.  We had a bit of a following.  Girls would see us in the bathroom during the day and ask if we'd be singing at lunch time.  It became our gig...LOL!!!

TurboRose

1. Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? - Al Pacino
  2. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had? - Substitute teacher
  3. What are two truths and a lie about you? - I can talk to the dead. I'm a 10 handicap golfer. I have two half-sisters.

207 DOF

Sandi4

Good Morning TurboRose‌!

You've got some intriguing things listed.

You liked Al Pacino when you were a kid? You must've been really mature!

Why didn't you like substitute teaching?

I'm going to guess that you don't have 2 half sisters.  Only because I think you being a medium/golfer is so damn awesome!

TurboRose

Sandi4‌ - Better late than never! 

I was mature for my age - conditioning.

I didn't like having to establish my authority on a daily basis. Trying to maintain control of children who didn't respect women or authority was challenging and not what I wanted to do.

Guess again! 🙂

0 Kudos