cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Silvercindy

I'm new

Just joined I stopped smoking on new year's day been doing pretty good but out of the blue get cravings so got on my phone during one of them found this site. 

Tags (1)
25 Replies
Sootie

Hello! You have found the absolute best support site for quitting smoking! We are all quitters in different stages of having freed ourselves from the addiction of smoking. You will find that there will always be someone here to answer a question or a call for help.

Congratulations on your quit......New Year's Day means you will soon be approaching ONE MONTH QUIT!!! Fantastic.

Besides coming to this site and blogging and reading others blogs, I 'd like to suggest going to whyquit.com and reading the articles posted there. I found them to be a huge help when I was quitting. Between reading on there and coming here to talk with others.....I managed to quit and stay quit for over 8 years now.

Welcome to EX!!!! We are all here for each other!

Keep in touch and stay strong.

Silvercindy

Thank you for your reply I find this site informative but also confusing to navigate, look forward to making new friends while saying goodbye to this addiction once again hopefully for the last time

Sootie

Until you learn your way around...simply blogging right here as you are doing will bring comment from the whole community. There are other things to do/go on the site but this is where everyone comes to see what new blogs have been posted and who has joined. You will make MANY new friends here as we all did and many will be friends for life.

Keep doing what you are doing...one step at a time.

Silvercindy

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

We are glad to have you here! So much support here. We have all been where you are and are willing to help you have success with this journey.

I recommend you read a lot on this site.Many of us also read a book by Allen Carrs " the easy way to stop smoking'....it was a lifesaver for me. It gave me so much hope...and this site!

Your going to have some hard times but your at the right place to gain knowledge strength and support to hold on tho that beautiful quit you've got going!

Welcome!

Silvercindy

Thank you I did read that book that's what started this journey

Tabbiekat

Welcome, you came to the right place, read and learn about the addiction. Understanding what is going on as you pull away from it will help you understand that what you are feeling is completely normal. Keep blogging and we will keep listening and helping out where we can.

Glad to see you

Tabbie

Silvercindy

Thank you

0 Kudos
Strudel

Welcome and congrats on your quit! This place is great for support. Sootie is right - keep on blogging as you explore. You can also pull up "all content" and read blogs from others. 

Please - stick around - you are in the right place!