cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

0 points Level 0

It might be helpful when one hovers over someone's avatar to see something that represents the number of points and levels that they have earned other than 0 and 0.  Since points and levels (the 'gamification' that has occurred on this new Jive site) are seemingly important (to some), then it would be a good thing if they were displayed when hovering over a person's avatar.  No?

As an example - here is one of our active Elder's with zero points and levels zero showing when you hover over his avatar.  (Which is incorrect.)  (Could be anyone, with a zillion points and levels - they're still going to read zero and zero.)

pastedImage_2.png

Yet when you go to his page you see something more accurate.

pastedImage_4.png

Is there any way to correct the discrepancy or correlate the two?   If not, they why not just eliminate the "hover over"point and level values since they don't jive on Jive with what's on a person's home page?

And yet, I just discovered while experimenting during the writing of this, that hovering over my own avatar presents the following:

pastedImage_6.png

Then are we to assume that it's only when we hover over our OWN avatars that we see the actual points and levels achieved?  If gamification is the name of the game, then shouldn't we be able to compare our stats to someone else's as easily?  In other words why aren't all point and levels easily discerned by hovering over everyone's avatar?  My logical mind suggests this makes sense and consistency across the board would be desirable.  But then - that's my logical mind.  Since the information on our quit dates and last log ins are still a day out of sink with the actuality, I guess this is an issue that doesn't demand immediate attention with the Jive folks. 

Tags (2)
6 Replies
MarilynH

I agree with you Giulia 100 % because you're you're making perfect sense, thanks for bringing it up.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia

It looks to be a temporary service issue with some accounts.  I do have a bug filed based on an issue that occurred awhile ago where some users were receiving some points and others weren't  they're working on it and will hopefully have a fix in an upcoming release.  As you can see. I hover over Freeneasy and see the points in his hovercard.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

pastedImage_1.png

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah, so only some of our account homes are infested.  Let us know when the bugger has been obliterated that's eating all our points and levels.  Actually, today when I hover over freeneasy (and everybody else's avatar as well) all points and levels are showing up.  But not yesterday.  So the pyrethrum must have worked!  lol  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Online community software is complex. Sometimes there is a number of services combining together to make the magic happen.  Furthermore, most gamification applications are third party and they could go down separately from the actual community so you could see a service interruption separately from the community itself.  Could also be intermittent where you see it sometimes and not others or only affecting a subset of users.  That being said, I don't know exactly what was happening at that moment, but might have just been temporary.  Unfortunately unless you "catch it in the act" it can be somewhat elusive to document. That's why I ask for details with links and verbose instructions so that I can supply the proper replication steps.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Of course, didn't think about third party involvement and the fact that their site could go down. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updated: Apparently it only affects me.

This is happening and may make some things falsely go into moderation. Especially if you put a link. I'll try to get things released as soon as possibly if you face moderation.

Mark
EX Community  Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos