cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pet Peeves?

What Annoys You Most That Is Out Of Your Control?

telemarketers.

It Infuriates Me They Think They Have A Right To Interrupt Someone's,

Anyone's, Day To Sell Something. Plus,  WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A TELEMARKETER.

It's Even Worse Now Since They Now Have Ways To Fake Phone Numbers So They Can't Be Traced And Reported.

18 Replies
YoungAtHeart

AND - they fake a local exchange and number for their caller ID - so you really aren't sure it isn't somebody from your pool, or doctor's office.   I actually had a call FROM me a bit ago! 

grrrrrrrrrr!

AND -  there is ALWAYS the person with a full cart in the 15 and under lane.  AND - I'm on crutches!!!  Think they'd notice?????

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

minihorses

No, the people at stores are blind especially if you're on crutches or walking in a full metal leg cage or in a wheelchair with the items to purchase in her lap.  My friend and I have been several places where it happens but it was a regular occurrence at Wal-Mart of course. Telemarketers, which if you've registered with the do not call list your not supposed to get, but mostly charities that call all hours of the day and night.  I give to my 3 or 4 charities once a year so that means I want to support EVERYTHING.  I rarely even look at the caller id anymore.  If it's someone I know or do business with regularly they will leave a message.  

My other pet peeve is people who don't use turn signals!

elvan

I LOVE yours and Nancy's pet peeves and I share them.

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hey all.  There is a cease and desist list.  It's the same for junk mail.  I don't know the number, but each state has it.  If you happen to pick up the phone or if there is a number on a piece of junk mail insist that your phone number/address be removed from the list.  I know it is a pain, but if they persist they can be charged a fine if reported to the better business bureau.  It does s@#k, but there it is.  BIG PET PEAVE...PEOPLE WHO DRIVE WHO SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING BECAUSE THEY DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The number shown is always disconnected.

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I am SO with you on the telemarketers! UGH!!!

ALSO   people who text and drive....DRIVE ME NUTS!

YES. AND DON"T REALIZE THERE'S SOMEONE BEHIND THEM!

minihorses

I have literally seen people read books WHILE driving and putting on makeup WHILE driving!  We have an acronym that we used to tell the kids when they've learned to drive, one is still on his permit.  JDTFC. Just Drive The Freaking Car!!  I've had to call Highway Patrol a few times because I was behind some idiot weaving all over the road but I could see through their back window that they were fiddling with their cell phones cuz you can see them looking down for long periods of time.