cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DrJungle

Hello there

Greetings! I'm new to this forum so just thought I'd say hi. I'm a U.K national currently resident in Slovakia, have been quit for 15 days now after circa 13 years of smoking on and off; things have generally gone pretty smoothly and have avoided the worst of the withdrawal symptoms, enjoying having my tastebuds back and the return of feeling to my fingertips! Have been enjoying reading these discussion over the last week or so and they've been a handy little mental boost during week moments. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully making a contribution!

6 Replies
minihorses

welcome!.jpg

Hello and welcome!! So glad you found us to aid you in your quit smoking journey!  This site is the ONLY thing that has kept me quit 84 days so I think you'll find a world of knowledge, support, and caring here.  I know if you read, learn, and post it really helps.  Hope to see you around the boards!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Welcome  drjungle!  This is a wonderful community filled with people who care.  Join us on our journey to freedom.  Remember to take the pledge not to smoke each morning (or anytime) and jump on the Freedom Train.  

-Michelle

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Glad you are here. Stay tuned in, and make this quit of yours stronger and stronger one day at a time. Great work.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

I am so sorry I missed your blog yesterday.  Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and your first 15 days.  you have completed both H#ll and Heck Weeks - good for you!

I wrote a blog and asked for best advice from our members that contains some good information:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t...  Some of it won't apply to you - so take what you need and leave the rest.  I highly recommend you read Allen Carr first.

I'm happy you found us!  Settle in and read, read and read some more!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Welcome.  You are doing this.  Congratulations on 15 days.  That is huge!

0 Kudos
DrJungle

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words! Have been making my way through the site and there certainly looks to be some great resources on here, looking forward to becoming a part of the community.