MichelleDiane

Gratitude

Discussion created by MichelleDiane on Jan 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2018 by MichelleDiane

As I get ready to call it a night I am thinking about my day.  I feel so good about not smoking.  It's strange that yesterday I was in such bad shape and today was good.  I was sitting and doing needlework and my daughter came down to be with me.  We will be taking her back to college tomorrow.  (I miss her already).  She said she had a dream last night that I was smoking on my 18th day.  She said it worried her.  I told her that I didn't and that I haven't smoked in 19 days.  She said that's almost a month.  I said no it's only about two weeks.  She looked at me like I was nuts (I am, but the look she gave me made me seem worse than nuts).  Then I realized that tomorrow will be three weeks.  She left the room and said I'm so glad it was just a dream.  "Mom I'm proud of you."  That's all I needed to hear.  I know I will have good days and bad days regardless of not smoking, but I will be better equip to manage them without smoking.  I also know that I have a lot of gratitude for the people in my life who care about me.  Thank you Ex-Community.  My daughter thanks you too for helping her mom get healthy to be there for her graduation in the spring.

-Michelle

Outcomes