cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

I feel like running out of the house

Jump to solution

I’m not as strong as all of you. Please someone help this feeling go away pls help me 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jennifer-Quit

Do something - anything - to get through this.  Can you take a walk, a bubble bath, cook something yummy, play a game, call a friend, clean out a closet, read a book, the list goes on and on.  There are many things to do besides smoke.  It is hard, I remember.  Get up and do something, anything, to get through this.  You can do it!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Do something - anything - to get through this.  Can you take a walk, a bubble bath, cook something yummy, play a game, call a friend, clean out a closet, read a book, the list goes on and on.  There are many things to do besides smoke.  It is hard, I remember.  Get up and do something, anything, to get through this.  You can do it!

Barb102

Thank u   I’m cooking and it’s passing. It was just so strong. Stronger than day one. Thank u I thought I was going to run out and give up and buy them. Thank u so much

Barb

0 Kudos
Barb102

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
Barb102

Oh thank u Jennifer with all my heart I almost messed up

0 Kudos
Tabbiekat

You did good by coming here and reaching out for help. It does help to get lost in the reading of blogs here. I use breath mints when the cravings hit for me. I keep them where I kept my pack in the house and in my truck. I went through a lot the first few weeks, but now rarely use them. Finding something to keep your mind/hands/mouth occupied for a few minutes is usually enough to get beyond the craving or at least to the point of realizing that  "no I do not smoke any more". I did get two closets and a couple of drawers cleaned out just a bit at a time. You can do this.

Tabbie

Deb-EX

So happy to see you're working through your crave!! Hang in there Barb!! Sometimes you have to keep moving OR watch a good movie under the covers and veg. You can do it... Saying a pray for you.

anaussiemom

Sending immediate, prayers your way. Law of Abundance,  many miracle coming at you.  (((((Barb102)))))))

shashort

Glad to see you come hear and ask for help and you worked through it.  Just remember a crave comes and goes and going to buy a pack a cigerettes would make you feel worse as day 1 will have to start over,  Scream and shout NOPE and stay busy will help.  The mints also helped me through a crave. Stomp your foot and shout NOPE and you don't do that anymore and shout the victory over that darn Nico Dude. You CAN do this! Stay strong and dertermined you will do this. Come here as much as you need to. I will get better over time.

YoungAtHeart

SO glad you came here.  Do you have tools handy for the NEXT time?  Being prepared, not surprised is important.  You can always keep slow/deep breaths handy!

Nancy