cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

schneidl

Long time no visit! There is hope Exers :)

It's been a long, long time! December 3, 2012 was my quit day! I am still smoke free.  I received an email telling me I had been mentioned on a list of quitters! A good list. I wanted to come back and say that life smoke free is a great life.

Those first few months this site kept me going. These discussions kept me motivated and determined. I was able to relate to every post that started with "I don't know if I can do this".  To that I say.... YOU CAN!

I still think about overcoming my addiction as one of the hardest things I've done. I gained so much confidence in myself and my ability to do whatever I set my mind to.  I took up running. I run very very slow but I have completed 2 half marathons since I quit. I also started grad school. I mean if I could quit smoking I can do anything!

Everyone here has that same drive. When you are sucking on lemons or pacing your floor or eating mints by the mouthful (my favorite form of helping a craving pass), just tell yourself it is so worth it on the other side. 

Leanne

3 Replies
AnnetteMM

How wonderful to hear a great story like yours!  Thanks so much for coming back to cheer us on. 

BTW - lemons?

0 Kudos
schneidl

Haha! I remember there were some folks on here that would use that when they had a craving.  I usually chose eating way too many cinnamon altoids.. hey, whatever works!!

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Wow I can't imagine...I've got sunflower seeds and popcorn. 

0 Kudos