cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Yup...It's Boredom

Just identified another trigger.  Well, I don't know if I would call it a trigger, but it does have to do with old habits dying hard.  There's a little bit of a lul here at work.  Usually I would go walk around the block and smoke.  Well, that's not an option anymore.  I guess I thought of it as I was wondering if there was something else I could do while I waited for things to pick up.  Guess what?  I found out what I could do.  I came here to this site and am now busily typing, not smoking.  Every day I learn something new.  Life's good.

-Michelle

8 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Early in my quit I was here quite often.  Reading, blogging, commenting.  It is a very good distraction.  Kudos to you for continuing to protect your quit. 

MichelleDiane

Thank you.  I hope you all don't get sick of my little interjections here and there.  (Of course you wouldn't.  That's why I love coming here).

-Michelle

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Good for you for recognizing and relearning that trigger!  You could also still walk around a DIFFERENT block and not smoke - just breathe in the clean air, take nice, deep breaths because now you CAN.  Look at the clouds, listen to the sounds of the birds (or traffic-depending on where you are).  Hum to yourself (or sing aloud if you can!).  Swing your arms - be FREE!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Nancy,

I would love to go for a walk and breathe, but it's cold outside (brrrr).  What I am going to do is read from Allen Carr's book.  I keep it in my briefcase as a "just in case".  I love discovering new tools, but when that weather warms up I am out there!

-Michelle

0 Kudos
elvan

MichelleDiane  I came to this site over and over again at the beginning, I still do as often as I can and we would NEVER get sick of your observations on your journey.  You are helping others...there are lots of people following you.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Boredom is a HUGE trigger for me. Always was hard for me at work, too, if I wasn't busy all the time. How fortunate that you can go online while there and visit this site!

0 Kudos
minihorses

I'll share my "Go F**k Yourself I'm Coloring" coloring book with you...

Julie

0 Kudos
Strudel

Perfect! Congrats to you! 

0 Kudos