cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Help!!!Hangin' on by a Thread

Hi Everyone,

I blogged earlier, but didn't put it down as an emergency.  I'm panicking badly.  I have been trying all morning to shake this overwhelming feelings.  I know I don't want to smoke.  And I Know I won't.  I just feel...well I don't know what I feel, but it's not good.  Could use some encouragement and words of wisdom. Thanks!

-Michelle

34 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Get busy!  Go for a walk!  Brisk!  Arms a-swinging!  Maybe sing out loud as you go!  or.........

Slow, deep breaths!  Breathe in - fill your chest cavity, including your back lungs, and your "tummy;"  breathe slowly out, starting with your bronchial area, then your back chest, then your lungs, finally gently squeeze that air our of your tummy.  Do it AGAIN!

Change your mind's direction.  Play a computer game.  Go to the store and buy a jigsaw puzzle book, or an adult coloring book and markers.  Start in on one of them.

DO NOT argue with yourself about smoking.  You already made your decision you will not smoke NO MATTER WHAT...this is WHAT! 

Remember the first few days?  You KNOW you don't want to start over.  And, remember, it's NOT an option.

Just don't smoke - you will be so disappointed in yourself if you do!

This WILL pass; you just need to get through it.

Nancy

MichelleDiane

Thanks Nancy.  I did some knitting, drank water, and got dressed for work.  I am going to pray and do some breathing.  I know I just need to get over this speed bump.  I think I am calming down and I know once I get to work I will regain a focal point.  Was worried this morning.  The nerves are settling down, but I feel totally drained.  Thanks again.  I will turn my frown upside down.  

-Michelle

Bree19

Could you have been having a panic or anxiety attack?

They drain all the energy out of you.  Just asking because that's how the attacks make me feel.

The only thing that helps me during the panic attack is doing something really active - housework-wise.  Dishes, vacuuming, stripping bed linen.

Hope you are ok now.

Blessings 

Bree

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Yes Bree.  That's exactly what it was.  I have had them before, but my quit wasn't on the line and I am doing everything I can.  I'm using all of the tools I've learned, so I think it's because it was this same time last year that I made the wrong choice and smoked.  It's been one full year today and I'm sure that has something to do with it.  I am at work now and know that my thoughts will be redirected.  I think once I make it through today I will be okay, but I still won't let down my guard.  I'm finding this little pesky voice to be an annoyance.  Thanks for reaching out and for your blessings.

-Michelle

YoungAtHeart

Glad to hear! 

Congratulations!  You didn't smoke!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

No I didn't.  Thanks Nancy.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Whew  I'm just noticing this post, you got through it Michelle,I'm so happy that's awesome, you're awesome, here's a quit poem that I think may be helpful.((((((((((huge hug))))))))))

FB_IMG_1509924643858.jpg

MichelleDiane

Very helpful Marilyn.  I feel your hugs and thank you for the support.  Thank you hugs right back at you.

-Michelle

AmandaJ23

Holy moley! I love this!