cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Day 19

Good morning to all.  I am not happy about this number (19).   It shouldn't interfere with my quit, but I woke up today a little uneasy.  Subconsciously I think I am thinking about how this time last year I threw my quit in the trash.  I have been working on myself, not just being smoke free, but enjoying life.  Exploring triggers and solutions, breathing deep, and staying very close to this site.  I have received so much support and some laughs (which we know laughter is the best medicine).  

My efforts shouldn't be thwarted by the nasty little voice in my head saying, "I dare you to take one more day".  I am going to push through this and be smoke free because I choose to be and not because I need to prove anything to a little voice that does not deserve my time.  I've given it way too much time as it is.

Thanks for listening and your continued support.  This community means a great deal to me.  Thanks to the Elders and all the other wonderful ex-community friends.  Here's to number 19.

Warmest regards,

Michelle

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sorry to have missed this earlier!

Don't look back; you aren't going that way. 

Maybe replace those thoughts with all that is DIFFERENT this time?  You are better educated, better prepared, and have us to turn to (as you DID!). 

Keep your mind in the present and be so proud of all you have accomplished, and WILL accomplish.

It will get easier - I promise - one day at a time!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

That's okay Nancy.  You replied in the Help request.  Now I have double the help from you.  I am going to cut, paste, and print to help me through the rough patches.  Thanks

-Michelle

Lisaml

Hi Michelle! Congratulations on day 19!! 

It sounds like you are a lot more engaged and in tune with yourself this year. 

Anyway I second what Nancy said- stay in the present;-) FOcus and take one day at a time. 

I am on day 13 (ish) and wake up a little anxious every single day. It passes quickly, and I do hope your uneasiness passes as well. 

I find  it overwhelming to think "I will NEVER smoke again" in this early stage. More beneficial to me, is, i can get through today, and find some blessings herein. Even in the sucky, anxious mornings, I'm finding pleasures I had forgotten. For example, this morning, I remained in bed for about 30 min after alarm went off- and just enjoyed the warmth and comfort (and the cuddles of my furbaby)

In the past, I'd jump out of bed within 5 seconds of the alarm to rush to that first smoke of the day. It's nice to slow down, and not have every waking moment consumed by smoking. This morning was nice! Find something new and nice every day that you'd forgotten ❤️

One day at a time, and way to go! 

I'm right behind you.... 

Lisa 

MichelleDiane

Thanks Lisa.  I do find what you say to be true as well.  I have a furbaby myself and did enjoy snuggling with her.  It wasn't until I got out of bed to start the day that this nervousness came over me.  I did what I had to do and talked to myself in the car ride to work.  I affirmed my reasons for quitting and am sure without a doubt that this was the best decision every.  

Warm regards,

Michelle

elvan

MichelleDiane‌ Here's to day TWENTY!  PLEASE be completely honest with yourself and accept the fact that smoking will not HELP with anything...not stress, not pain, not depression, not anger...think about it, it never helped before...it was your addiction telling you that it was helping.  It was distraction, surely you can find healthy distractions...singing, dancing, laughing, exercising.  Take it from someone who SO WISHES I had this site when I tried to quit in the past.  Sending you a HUGE cyber hug.

Ellen

MichelleDiane

Thanks Ellen.  I feel your cyber hug and I hope you can feel mine coming right back to you.  Yes, today is day 20.  Thankfully, I feel better today.  I know I will have good days and bad days.  I'm grateful my thread didn't break.  I am looking forward to today and enjoying my journey of not smoking.  Smoking is not an option.  Great to have you in my corner.

Massive hugs to you,

Michelle