Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Need Support

Jump to solution

I’m so scared. Tomorrow is my quit date   I want so much to do this #

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pir8fan

You can do this! We will help! Live Free my friend! Live Smoke Free!!       

View solution in original post

31 Replies
AnnetteMM

Then you WILL do it, or actually you WON'T...You won't have to smoke anymore. You'll be FREE! Nothing to be scared of at all.  Come here, do lots of reading, and breathe. We'll be here for you!

Strudel

Welcome to the site! You have come to the right place - great support here! We all know that fear you mentioned. I smoked for 40 years. I quit over 7 years ago -thanks to this site. But I still remember the fear ahead of time. Turned out that once I got past that - I was able to find freedom!! You can too - stay close! Congrats on deciding to quit! 

Mandolinrain

Hi and welcome! Of course your scared. However you are going into new territory and a whole new life without smoking as a crutch....your going to be feeling that BEAUTIFUL sense of freedom soon! You will go through so hard moments but look at each one as a stepping stone that will be a wonderful gift for yourself.

Read. Read Read...visit here often. You will gain strength in here. Get some Vicks Vapor rub.

I have no idea why, but when I had horrible moment of craves, I had read that if you put some under your nose it helped decrease the crave. WOW did it ever! I had little blue bottles of Vicks everywhere, lol.

We are here for you. So glad you found us. Reach out anytime, someones always here or will be shortly to help.

Get Allen Carrs book, the EASYWAY TO STOP SMOKING. It was also a lifesaver for me.

Welcome!

Missy

stoppinguy

Oh wow thanks that rubbing vicks under your nose sounds like a good idea , soothing xD I will try it out.

Barb102

I bought the Vick’s inhaler today and it does help

Sent from my iPhone

YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

We all, pretty much, were uneasy the nights before our quits.  Hang tough!

I will give you some reading to do this evening, with enough left over for the first couple days of your quit:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t....  Some of it won't pertain to you - but what is will help you understand this addiction - and might even take some of the fear away.

Congratulations on your decision to quit.  Nobody ever regretted quitting smoking too early - MANY regretted quitting too late!

Nancy

elvan

Welcome to EX, please pay attention to the advice given above.  This is not a battle, this is a journey...one day at a time, one step at a time without allowing nicotine to control your every thought.  You will learn about yourself and the person you were always meant to be. None of us were born smoking...we stunted our emotional growth because we smoked, it does not mean that we have to remain there.

Nice to meet you...stay close to the site.  I checked in every morning and every evening, I blogged, I commented, I asked for advice, I LISTENED to what I was told to do and what I was told to expect.  I have been free for close to four years now and I still come here every day if I can.  I take the Daily Pledge in the morning and I ride on the Freedom Train.  You can find links to both under "Celebrations and Events" at the top of the page.  

One of my favorite quotes is from OldBones-Larry‌ "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be." 

Again, welcome.

Ellen

Barb102

Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
Sootie

As you can see, you will have incredible support and great advice here at EX. Check in as often as you can....I "lived" on this site for my first 6 months! It is a huge help to quitting.

Welcome to EX....we are all here for each other.

Stay Strong