MichelleDiane

Coming to my favorite place

Discussion created by MichelleDiane on Jan 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 by MichelleDiane

Hi Everyone,

Coming to my favorite place because I know I will get the support I need and I do need some.  Today has been a little challenging.  I don't really know why except to say that I feel edgy.  I am proud of myself for starting day 17 of my quit and can't even believe that I have done this.  I also know that I do not want to smoke.  I guess I have the blahs.  I think being tired is partly responsible as I could have slept all day if I didn't have things to do.  I woke up late as it is, but really would have loved to give myself the day to lounge and sleep.  Self-compassion is hard for me because it doesn't feel right even though I know it's necessary and important.  Not just for a smoke free life, but for life in general.  I can't count how many times I have sat with clients and said, "If you don't take care of yourself first how will you be able to care for others?".  I should take my own counsel, but it's hard.  I do need it today, so I will try not to beat myself up for having an off day and try to get to bed early.  Thanks everyone.

-Michelle

16 DOF

Outcomes