cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Reflection

Getting ready to go to bed.  While listening to the silence in my house I am thinking about these last 12 days.  Although I still get thoughts of smoking they are becoming less overwhelming.  I am grateful.  I have also had the chance this evening to enjoy the sound of the rain outside without actually going out in it.  There is a certain calm that comes with rain, but I could not really engage in that calmness because I was cold and wet and coughing while I was outside smoking.  For many people on this site I am grateful.  You have helped me through some very hard days.  I am aware that I will need to stay vigilant, but I only need to remember the peace and calm I feel now to continue to motivate myself for a wonderful life without cigarettes.  Good night to all and thank you.

-Michelle

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

So happy at the changes you are noticing.  It IS wonderful, isn't it?!!!

Nancy

MichelleDiane

Thanks Nancy.  Yes it is.  Have a wonderful day.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
elvan

MichelleDiane‌ What a great blog, makes me happy to start the day.  The rain was coming down so hard last night that I turned everything off and then went onto the front porch to watch it...it was really impressive.  I love that sound...we used to have a tin roof and that was my favorite...we don't have that any more but this was coming down so hard that it made just about the same noise.  Didn't HAVE to go out in it and smoke, thank goodness, I am glad I went out though because somehow, my husband had left the feral cat out there so we were able to get him into the basement and protected from the storm.  He rubbed against my legs when I was on the porch and it was pitch black dark...I was a little freaked out until I saw his little white feet and knew it was him and not something else.

Have a beautiful smoke free day.  I am off to work shortly.

Ellen

MichelleDiane

Thanks for sharing.  At work right now and happy to be smoke free.  Enjoy the day!

-Michelle

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

We call these ah ha moments.  It is so wonderful to be able to feel your quit.  Awesome.  Calm, peace, quiet,  feels good. Glad you are enjoying your quit. 

indingrl

Reading this today MY saturday brings ME a quiet peace in MY heart to appreciate your kindness in sharing your heart gratitude that keeps ME to REMAIN QUIT with you!