cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

My coloring book

My husband had ordered me a coloring book for Christmas.  When we were at my mom's in FL this past summer my sister had bought her a really beautiful coloring book from the Audubon Society.  It was beautiful birds in natural settings.  Each page had a full color plate on one side and the blank coloring page on the next page so you could see what they were supposed to look like.  Now, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler on graph paper but I had fun coloring one of the pictures in the evenings as we watched tv and talked. I even managed to get the pencil lines to look like feathers.   It actually turned out nice.  Hubby ordered a similar one for me for Christmas that still hasn't arrived.  Yesterday he brought in the mail and there was a package that looked like it might be the bird book.  It was a coloring book but not the bird one I was expecting.  He gave it to me back cover side up and when I flipped it over I saw the title and just about died laughing.  It is an adult coloring book named "Go F##k Yourself, I'm Coloring! Swear Word Coloring Book"  The only letter blocked out of the title on the book is the U, it has been replaced with a pretty star!!  Inside are wild coloring pictures with a swear word phrase in them.  Some of the background art is very intricate too.  He says he bought it on amazon and there is actually a whole SERIES of these!  I think I'll use it when I get frustrated or in a hissy mood.  Yep, we're a little warped and twisted here but we have a lot of fun!  

Julie

74 DOF

9 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

Julie,

I love this!  There is something to be said of being a little warped, but even more to be said of one admitting to be a little warped!  So now that you have, I can too!  My family is the same way!  WARPED!  Sometimes a little, and Sometimes A LOT!  

I may have to look into these coloring books!  I have a daughter who would love love love one!  

Have a great "warped in a fun kind of way"  day!  Congrats on 74 days!

Sandy

0 Kudos
minihorses

Well Sandy I'm glad I could help you come out of hiding and standing as a proud warped and twisted individual and family!  It really DOES make life more fun.  We laugh a lot more than non-odd people do that's for sure.  There are a couple pages in that book that are pretty nasty, even for me.  If you trash those, which I intend to, the rest is funnier than h&ll!  It's comforting to have a warped friend here to play with.  May you weave along the centerline of life today for the straight line is BORING!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

JACKIE1-25-15

Coloring books has helped many to stay quit.  I tried it for awhile. Still a lot of pages uncolored in my books but it did calm me down when I was frustrated so it is great for the quit tool kit. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

minihorses‌ I envision sales rising as a result of your post.  Honestly, when I read the title I was expecting to see some examples of your coloring.  Perhaps in the future you will and post them in Uncensored‌?  or in Picture, Video & Quote Sharing‌ with subject "Warning: Profane Coloring Ahead" . Can we count on that?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
minihorses

I will make it my priority to present you with the best colored swear word phrases you've ever seen.  Probably the only colored swear word phrases you'll ever see unless you get one of these for yourself!  I will be happy to share.  I will postpone my needlework and put forth colored pencils to paper without haste. Anything for a good cause and a hearty laugh.  That's one of my taglines, "If nothing else I'm good for a laugh if you need it or not." 

Julie

elvan

minihorses‌ I was expecting to see some examples too. LOL.  This made REALLY laugh out loud.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

What a hoot!  

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Coloring is great for focus.  I have been engaging in my crafts to help redirect my thoughts and when I'm done I have something beautiful to look at.  Not weird at all!

-Michelle

0 Kudos
minihorses

They are actually very intricate to color but I have started on one of the easier ones.  Will post it as soon as I'm done.