cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

I drink a shot of squeezed lemon juice or  so most mornings and  lots of water all day....Hoping lemon juice will help get rid of the 3000 or so chemicals out of my body from a cig.  As well as do you think it helps with physical withdrawals?  I get so anxious not smoking.  #emotional#anxious#emotional

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anaussiemom

I dont drink water and lemon much due to keeping my teeth... So not good for teeth Ive heard and read.   However I squeeze lemon and drink it down quickly, for detox I guess.
I know it doesnt work for emotions. Just kinda wondered if it helps flush out all the chemicals a lil"  more quickly from cigs.    #status_updates#lemon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
NeedToBe

Hi @anaussiemom,

I've not heard of using lemons for that purpose. Most times, people have referred to biting into a lemon when having craves.

I read a lot more about drinking cranberry juice early on to help rid yourself of the nicotine.

Also heard that sweating will expedite the process. I followed this route (cranberry, steam/sauna) to try and make my physical withdrawal as short as I could.

Additionally, nicotine causes your body to release sugars, so once you quit, adding sugars (fruit juice again) will help. Your body should normalize as you progress along.

Hope this helps.

Stay strong... mate (only Aussie I know).

Jerry 12 DOF

I haven't heard of lemon for detox but it is very good to prevent and treat gerd. 

Try this list:

Want To Quit Smoking? These 8 Foods Detox Nicotine Fast! - David Avocado Wolfe 

As for anxiety, the best remedy is yogic breathing. It breaks into the fight flight system (amygdala.) You can also try visualizations, progressive relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. I have had the same problem big time. I now have almost 8 Years of Freedom.

/blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2015/10/23/taking-anxiety-down-from-12-to-3-and-heading-for-0?sr=search&...

Mandolinrain

Just please rinse after using lemons . Lemon and tooth enamel don't mix.

Have you ever tried the Braggs Apple Cider vinegar? I TB qd ( a day) helps a lot of things and also GERD

YoungAtHeart

Or you could hit yourself on the thumb with a hammer and you would forget all about the other stuff?

Blech!

😉

anaussiemom

lol Alrighty.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Sorry - my hammer comment was meant for Mandolinrain‌ and her vinegar!!!!

elvan

YoungAtHeart  That vinegar really isn't bad, they sell it at the cafe and I bought some grape flavored stuff one time...yes, it's vinegar but it's supposed to really be good for you.  I take a swig of lemon juice when I have mucous in my throat and I can't talk...sometimes it happens more than others, the lemon juice really helps to thin out mucous.  I drank lots and lots of water when I quit and I have never been a fan of water...I am sure that it helped to detox me faster.  Deep breathing and meditation help immensely with anxiety.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Water is great JUST the way it IS (imho!) Although - if you freeze it, crush it and pour just a smidge of Pepsi over it, it's even BETTER!

🙂

MichelleDiane

Hi anaussiemom.  I am fairly new into my quit, so I get the anxiety.  I know that lemon and water are great cleansers for your system, but I have not heard about it being effective for anxiety.  I know that exercising can help.  I have tried to close my eyes and concentrate on breathing.  It does give me some relief.  The best way for me to work through my anxieties has been coming to this site.  I don't feel alone and there is always someone to help me through.  

All the best and you can do this,

-Michelle