cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Trains

I just saw some wonderful pictures posted on celebrations.  They were photos of trains/people in trains.  It inspired me.  I also just read some of the daily pledges and they inspired me further.  One day at a time.  Slow and steady.  That's what these photos said to me.  Trains today go so fast that it is difficult to see the beautiful landscapes.  So much is missed.  I want my train to go slowly to be able to appreciate each and every stop.  I want to learn and grow.  When I notice a behavior or action I found it empowering as I am getting to know myself better.  Thank you crazy mama_Lori for the inspiration as well as all of the other newbies who are starting the train ride with me.  You are more inspiring than you know.

All the best and thank you,

Michelle

10 Replies

you are welcome and thanks for the mention.  Early in my quit, I went on there and the pledge page every single day.  I knew how many days I had down to a tee.  Now I have to check my quit stats to see how many I have.  I go by years now because I no longer have to go by days..... it's a great feeling.  You're doing great.  Just remember, if you're ever in trouble, reach out to us here and we'll help you through it

YoungAtHeart

I went to Switzerland from Germany by train, and we went up, up and up mountains, and around their sides, and through tunnels to get to the top of Europe.  The train, by necessity, went slowly at times, and the views were breathtaking. 

P1630267.JPG

Enjoy THIS journey.  The final destination is FREEDOM, and it's wonderful!

Nancy

c2q

I love traveling by train, too. And you meet the nicest people. You are sort of thrust together, elbow to knee, smile to smile. I enjoy that. So glad you found the Freedom Train! 

JACKIE1-25-15

I am @ 1078 DOF and I try to ride the train everyday.  When I first came to EX I did not pledge but now I pledge every month.  In a shorter time I started riding the train but it was my beginning in really feeling connected.  Being connectedi is important and the train helps me stay connected on a daily basis because it is not just about me.  It is about everybody. I am getting excited just commenting about it.  Thanks for taking the time to help bring the point out how important being connected is in the success of our quit.

Giulia

Yes, our train ride is empowering.  And we can stand at the front on the cow catcher and watch the view approaching or in the caboose and view from a totally different perspective.  And there is wisdom from both the newly minted quitter and the Elder.

You ARE learning and growing.  And it's wonderful to watch!  Kudos on your first week free.

pir8fan

Thank you all! This blog makes me feel good!

Mon2

Yes the Elder has really taught me a lot and I still have a long way to go, however, I am blessed.  Giulia you are awesome!

Giulia

Every day you stay smoke free you get more awesome! 

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Aww...thanks

0 Kudos