cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

botkins

help

I got out of the hosp yesterday after 6 nday of not breathing and being on 02 to and all I can do is think about just one more. I took the patch off yesterday and with in 24 hrs I was almost crying because I wanted one....

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichelleDiane

Hi Botkins.  I came across your call for help.  I hope you re feeling better.  I am on day 6.  Two days ago I came to the site almost ripping my hair out.  I felt like crying and couldn't shake the feeling.  I still have some difficulty after the sun sets.  It's a really hard time of the day for me.  I am also using the patch.  It has been helpful, but not as helpful as being here.  When I get the slightest feeling of uneasiness I think about all the times that I couldn't breath.  I had asthma at a young age and you would think that I would have never smoked, but I did and became addicted.  In my young adult years until now in my early 50's every cold would turn into instant bronchitis.  Antibiotics, prednisone, and the nebulizer.  I know my smoking was insanity, but old habits die hard as they say.  The addiction does not want to die, but it cares nothing about killing you.  Breath, close your eyes and relax.  I know the feeling of not being able to breath and only wondering when I could take my first drag.  Even with my quit so new I know that the first drag will make me choke my brains out, feel dizzy, and hate myself.  Hang in there and I hope you feel better.  Stay close to this site and I know others will be there by your side with amazing support.  Feel better.

-Michelle

Mandolinrain

Hey there!!! SO GLAD you came here. I am just sitting around cause hubby is watching football and its to cold for me to go outside and do anything , so have been watching the site. Its GOOD your reaching out.

Have you been reading on the site? I suggest you just start reading lots of blogs. Theres so much information and by the time you read a few your craves will stop. Have you thought about maybe journaling? Heres another idea.....everytime you start to crave write down ALL your feelings you having at that very instant. Even if they are not smoking related. Then take a good look at them. Are you HUNGRY-ANGRY-TIRED-LONLEY? If so...is there anything you can do at the moment to change that? If not....write down the thong you would do to change it IF you could.

I know it sorta sounds like a homework assignment, but it works. 

More people will be jumping in here too to help. Meanwhile, hang tuff, you can do this.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Mark‌......Wondering why this post is just showing up here now when I just noticed it was posted yesterday? I didn't realize it until after I replied that its a day old...I am hoping the person did get the help he needed

Or am I seeing things????? wouldn't be the first time, lol

Missy

0 Kudos
elvan

Mandolinrain‌ I think it was posted in more than one area...blogs, conversations...not sure where else but I read it and responded yesterday and then saw another one and responded to that one, this is the third time.  I think he is getting used to the site and trying to figure out the best place to post.  Oh, I also think Mark is on vacation for a week if I read that right.  

XOXO

Ellen

Mandolinrain

lol, ok...

0 Kudos

Hang in there my friend it does get easier I promise, stand strong and say you are bigger and stronger then that you are fighting and scream it helps Hang in there Botkins

0 Kudos
indingrl

Hi Bo and welcome you are NOT alone i did cry and i did TRY the patch and I put it on went to work in huge retail store and was sweating like a pig and then I went to lunch to SMOKE like usual then I remembered I quit and was using the nicotine PATCH which wasnt where I put it upper arm and it was GONE!!!! I started freaking OUT all I could think of was a child finding it and eating it and dying!!!! So i went back in the store looking for it in every place I worked.... long story short I SMOKE MORE THAT DAY thinking the patch FELL OFF.... cuz it WARNS you NOT to smoke with patch cuz you might NICOTINE OVER DOSE AND DIE!!!! Please I had to SMOKE I may or may not kill some kid if they find MY nicotine patch and eat it!!!! Then i got home and went to shower and FOUND MY PATCH IN MY ARM PIT!!!!!! Well lesson learned those patches didnt work for ME and that was the MOST awful experience of MY trying to QUIT MY WAY!!!! So keep on keeping on you aint alone just CRY and vent in a Blog about those feelings NOT ONE PUFF OVER YOU! Thanks for letting ME share and helping ME stay QUIT TODAY with you Bo!

0 Kudos