cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brooke

is it supposed to be this hard??? i'm only on day 6!!!

ok.. so i have quit before (obviously not for very long) but all the times i have quit in the past it wasn't this hard...

why is it THIS time... i am struggling??? have i "cheated"?? (as my husband puts it) and i can honestly say NO!!! and please don't get me wrong i am VERY proud of myself for not slipping... but have i wanted to??? uh... YEAH!!!! let's see... i am a stay at home mom of 2 1/2 year old (almost 3 year old) TRIPLET boys!!!!

i barely get out of the house (except for the occasional trip to the grocery store)
my going outside for a smoke was my own "time out" and now that i don't have that i feel like i'm gonna go bananas!!! i asked my husband today if he thought i was getting meaner... cause it sure seems like i am... and he says "no, you're doing great".... i don't feel like it!!!

and it's weird... cause it's not like i think about smoking every minute... but towards the end of the day... when my boys are at their "most active" (for lack of a better term) that's when it hits me... my doc put me on wellbutrin and it has helped ease the "urge" for the most part.... and i am trying my absolute hardest not to substitute food for smoking (even though i have had my fair share of chocolate chip cookies in the past few days)

someone please tell me i'm not crazy!!! that what i am feeling is "normal" and expected.... or... if i am loopy... please tell me!!!

ok.... i'm gonna go have a cookie now... LOL!!! i look forward to hearing what ya'll have to say!!! i need to hear it from people who know what i'm going thru!!!

aloha!
~brooke
i quit smoking FOR GOOD on 10-1-08!! 6 days and counting...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tempest

Honey you are far from crazy!!! It is hard and becuase you treated the ciggys like a treat to yourslef it is really hard. What you need to do is find something to treat yourself with when you want a smoke No food though...that will make you fat! hahaha We don't want to add to the problems, just one is fine enough with triplet boys!!! When you go for a "time out" make it a book or stretching excersizes with deep breathing techniques. Recongnise those triggers and remember what they are and how to handle them.

I know from previous trys to quit I was a wreck inside...outside everyone thought I was the quitting Goddess for allthe calm coming from me. I don't get it but I know it is a mask...the same mask we wore while smoking. Let your emotions out! If not you will smoke again....no one wants that!
0 Kudos
edith2

hahahahahahahaha! Ahhhhh, the joys of motherhood! Reminds me of the time I drove 900 miles with my three kids when they were little.......on no sleep. Eating a cookie or two or three is not going to kill you. You're not going to blow up into the Goodyear blimp either. You don't have to like what you're going through, just do it. I remember when my son was a baby and my mother came to visit. She was rocking him and with the magic of a grandmother's touch, he fell asleep in her arms........my mother asked me how long she should rock him. Looking her with amazement that she actually got him to sleep, I said to my mother, "rock him until your gums bleed." I know, I'm weird. Okay, try this. When you get a craving, YOU take a time out. Procrastinate. Put it off for five minutes. Put it off till it passes. Repeat. Every time you pass on a craving you get stronger, and each craving gets weaker.
0 Kudos