cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Snuffy

Relapse

Quit for 1 1/2 years had just 1. Started smoking again back to a pack a day. Have quit and relapsed a few times since. Am smoke free now 7 weeks and have gained the wisdom of never 1 puff. If you slip never give up trying. Never resign yourself to an early grave. I am 63 years young and now feel 40. Exercise a lot. Can jog 3 miles.  Drink a lot of water and no junk food. Hope I never slip again. 1 day at a time

Tags (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

PLEASE use your tools - not hope -  to remain quit.  You have learned an important lesson:  an addict (and we are all nicotine addicts here) can NEVER, ever, have just one.  Remember slow/deep breaths if a random, intense crave hits.  You are traveling through what we call No Mans Land - and one can hit you out of the blue.

Congratulations on seven weeks!

Nancy

Congratulations!

The only way you'll ever slip again is by talking yourself into smoking. 🙂

0 Kudos
Snuffy

Thanks so much. Last 3 years have lost 30 lbs. no longer diabetic. Much healthier. Want to keep improving. No more smokes!

Sent from my iPhone

Wonderful.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Glad you got it back and are making such great strides.  Literally!  3 miles is great   And Kudos on the 7 weeks.  Amazing how just that "one" can set us back so swiftly, isn't it.  And keep us back for so long.  Glad you've joined us.  Maintenance is a quit-long activity, no matter how many days of freedom we have behind us.  Keep up the good work!

Mandolinrain

Yes a day at a time for sure. And its good that your investing in yourself with good habits....jogging, exercise, water and healthy diet. 7 weeks, is terrific! Keep it up!

0 Kudos
fabulousat50

I have to admit i have been down that road with previous quits, the junky thinking just gets to you and you think oh just one and before you know it back into your regular routine, i agree there is no just one, does not work.  Be strong change your thought pattern and that crave will be gone. i believe one day at a time. NOPE

JoAnne

fabulousat50

4 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

Snuffy‌ Never quit quitting....this is not about Hope...it is about NOPE.  Not One Puff Ever...I cannot tell you how many times I said NOPE.  I am really glad you are doing so well and reaping the benefits of your quit, keep it going.  There is NOTHING worth smoking over

Ellen

0 Kudos