cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Amy436

Rusty sputum or greenish brown or grey sputum

rusty sputum or greenish grey or greenish brown or brown sputum what does that shows I mean

for me some time I spit rusty sputum or greenish brown or brown sputum after quitting smoking for nine days 

can anybody explain or is it serious I should visit doctor?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are cleaning out all the junk created when you smoked.  It's a GOOD thing!!!!

Can you feel your breathing getting easier?  Hope so!

Nancy

Amy436

Thank you so much 

so I guess now it’s nothing to worry.

its good that my lungs started cleaning and yes my chest tightness is now less when compare to few days back and yes I can breath quit smoothly and feeling relaxed while breathing in and out but the only thing is i’m feeling light headed and little low energized I guess this is cos i’m not receiving nicotine  YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I just posted a blog listing the early withdrawal symptoms that you might find helpful. Light-headed and low energy is in there!

Hang in there - it gets better - I promise!

Nancy

elvan

I would keep an eye on that sputum and see if it starts to clear up in the next week or so...yes, you are cleaning out your poor lungs but colored mucous can be an indication of an infection and you might want to see a doctor if it doesn't clear up.  Be sure you don't have a fever and drink lots and lots of liquids to help thin the mucous down. What a GREAT job you are doing and congratulations on 9 days, one day away from DOUBLE DIGITS!

Good for you.

Ellen

Amy436

Thank you so much elvan‌ 

yes i m keeping an eye on it  and I don’t have fever cold or cough I had it few days back allergy of dry cough but now i’m all fine by the grace of GOD