cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Room

I am wondering if a chat group is feasible to be initiated.  There are groups that start for a specific purpose but eventually are more geared to chat. I ma not sure there is a place one can go to talk about any topic and it continues. I am submitting this feedback following the instructions requesting a group.  I guess the suggested name would be ChatRoom, I am not sure whether would have the need of a manager.  The purpose would be to talk about anything you wanted to with the @mention feature if wanted.  Anyway I am just throwing this out there.  I did not see anything listed in the respect of chat.  I believe the topic had been discussed but I do not remember the outcome . Mark‌ Your input is appreciated.  Thanks. 

Tags (2)
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JACKIE1-25-15‌ I’m definitely open to the idea but it sounds like you’re talking about one thread this is just ongoing and constant.  It seems a bit odd to me to have a group and only one discussion in it. Unless you’re taking about multiple different discussions. Please clarify your thinking. Groups aren’t as visible but an active discussion continually cycles into the home page.  

In https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=268e6115-04fd-4238-98e...‌ you’re welcome to have a discussion that serves this purpose.  Content in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=268e6115-04fd-4238-98e... doesn’t have to be quitting smoking related only.  

There is no “group chat” function available in Jive at this time. Perhaps some day, but not now.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

Thank you for responding.  

0 Kudos

Puts me in mind of our Coffee Shop/Cafe we had when I quit in February.

What happened to that - because there we chatted about almost anything other than smoking or quitting.

Bree

Mark

The Cafe was closed for now until we get someone to (wo)man it. Would love to see it open again.  It was a great idea. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos