Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Amy436

8 successful days without nicotine supplement

Thank you all beautiful people for supporting me and answering to my question

there is not much chest tightening now everything is going smooth 

I counsulted Doctor regarding this matter she told me this is withdrawal symptoms 

and told me that  you may think when you were smoking you were healthy but after you quit you became weak and unhealthy but actually it’s the nicotine addiction which is getting eliminated from your brain.

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

WOW - EIGHT days?

Good for you!

Keep at it - you will start to feel better and better soon!

Nancy

Keep stacking those Days of Freedom!

8+++++

Hooray!

susan_m

Amy, I had that same chest tightening.  It is crazy, isn't it?  Not everyone experiences it. The good news is that it's part of the withdrawal, like your doctor said.  The better news is that it should reinforce your decision to stop smoking.  There's no way I'd put my body through the torture of smoking and then quitting again!  

Congratulations on your beautiful quit. You've already made it a week!  That's really great!! 

Congrats on 8 days! Keep it up!

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! I thought of many of the physical symptoms of withdrawal as my body and brain detoxing and working to heal itself. You are doing great - congrats again! 

fabulousat50

congrats to eight days, you can do this.

JoAnne

fabulousat50

day 3

elvan

Congratulations...just another reminder of the fact that this is a journey, addiction takes time to recover from and it is one day at a time. You are doing a GREAT job, glad your doctor is well informed.

maja2

Congrats on day 8!!

gregp136

Wow, 8 days!  You are on your way to a healthy life.  Congratulations!