cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smorgy8513

Update

First of all I need to apologize for not being here much.    I know I've done that before and I truly do have good intentions to be on more but sometimes life just rushes by......

I'm on FB with some of you and I have just updated my Cancer Journey there but wanted to share a bit here.

I had to go off the Opdivo even though it was doing what it was supposed to do with the cancer.   Unfortunately my body was having some adverse reactions to it.    Had a few infections over the 4 months and my skin kept getting worse with itching/rash/hives.    Eventually so bad that I was ready to go to ER but didn't.   (Dr told me yesterday that it was a level 3 and they hospitalize you at a 4).     So no treatment yesterday and next week the dr and I will need to decide what the next step is.         Some of you read my Caringbridge (Sharon'sjourney5) and I've just posted on there.     I will try to keep that more current.

Good news is that I'm starting work 2 days a week doing admin support at the agency I used to work at.....now I pray that I will be able to do that for a LONG time!

Thanks for listening and Stay Strong all you EXers!

7 Replies
Barbara145

Good morning Sharon.  So good to hear from you. I pray you will be able to do your new job for a long time.  So far so good.

elvan

Sharon, it is SO GOOD to hear from you.  I really hope you can work for a long time.  I think that just getting out of the house is a huge thing for me and the work I do is really not rocket science.  It DOES make me feel like I am part of the world and when I am not working, I don't feel that way.   Will look forward to hearing what your next step is with the treatment.

Much love and many prayers,

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Such a blessing hearing from you.  You are missed.  Sending prayers your way.  Thanks for taking the time to visit. Happy New Year. 

indingrl

Thanks for sharing lifted you up in prayer for healing in Jesus name amen May God bless you in Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit comfort you each breathe in Jesus name amen  

Sharon, your presence is sooo missed here but I do understand. There's only so much energy to go around and priorities have to change. I pray you can work this job for a very long time! I've been housebound for a Month and it is driving me bonkers! Thanks for the update and please keep us informed. I pray for you daily!

Strudel

First - a big hug! Plus lots of prayers and loving thoughts! 

MarilynH

I'm sending you a humongous hug but gentle along with continued good thoughts and prayers for you xo,it's really great to see you here on Ex wishing you all the best on your job and that you can stay with for a long time.

0 Kudos