cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

How to Fail in 3 Easy Lessons

(1) Hang out in your old smoking places

We have had the habit for Years! So why not? When you get up  - go out on that first smoke of the day balcony, sit in your old smoking chair, put your coffee in the same place and make yourself nuts. By now you'll wonder why you have to be deprived of this small luxury that helps you face another day! But that's OK. Your incredible Willpower will overcome the compulsion. 

(2) Go on smoke breaks to keep your buddies company

After all, why should you give up your old smoking pals just because you quit? Isn't that a bit elitist and stuck up? They may offer you a cigarette but they're just being considerate, right? I know you will have the strength to say No every time, won't you?

(3) Go out with the crowd on Saturday Night and drink away

Logically, alcohol is simply another trigger that has to be confronted. Why should you give up alcohol when you're already giving up Nicotine? Your good friends, even those who smoke, will look out for you, right?

And if that doesn't get you where you really want to go....

Don't forget to keep that emergency pack around just in case things get rough and something aweful gives you no option except to smoke. You'll be able to quit again when things get better....

in the grave!

6 Replies
elvan

All absolutely true.

indingrl

Agree..... if I always do what I have always done I will get what I always got.... 50 death sticks a day...... in MY past..... today I am blessed to have you my beloved brother Thomas to help me remember how far God ALONE has brought ME in Jesus name amen thank you Thomas for staying quit with ME no matter what TOGETHER! 

MichelleDiane

Couldn't be more true Thomas.  My one issue that I am having a dilemma with is walking during the work day.  I like to take a walk during my 45 minute break, but I have also used that time to smoke.  I don't want to give up my walk, so I think I will take a break until the nice weather settles in and then I think I can resume my walks without smoking.  Right now I keep repeating I don't want or need a cigarette.  Added to that why would I smoke when I am doing something healthy.  For now I will visit this site on my break, but you hit the definition of insanity on the head.  Thanks for the confirmation.

-Michelle

Bree19

So on point!

Thomas3.20.2010

0 Kudos
Troutnut1

All true. And I fell for all of them more than once. If I were to add a 4th it would be:

4. Keep some emergency sickarettes and a lighter around just in case. They will help prove how strong you are. And it would be a shame to destroy them after you’ve spent all that money on them. That would just be wasteful. Maybe you should keep them for a friend that still smokes. And that ashtray is kind of sentimental. No sense tossing that either.

elvan

Troutnut1‌ that is a really good #4!

Ellen

0 Kudos