cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Best Christmas Present Ever!

Every year I find one Christmas gift that I either give to someone else or receive as a gift that makes the top few spots on the gift-o-meter.  It's usually something I give to my husband or boys. This year's best gift was for my youngest son, myself and my husband.  My husband secretly bought tickets to one of the best heavy metal music concerts around!!

Carolina Rebellion 2018.jpg

Can't wait to ruin my bad hearing some more, do a lot of head-banging, and 'throwing my horns'.   I may be over 50 but this old girl can out rock some of the best of the young'ns!!  Live young in the mind because it's the body that gets old too quick. Good thing I don't smoke anymore because the money I save from not buying cigs is being saved in a different 'rainy day' account.  I should be able to have enough cash built up to pay for gas, food and the hotel with some money left for 'souvenirs' like t-shirts and hoodies.  So psyched!!!

Julie   62 DOF

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am

FOR you guys!

Nancy

0 Kudos
minihorses

Thanks!  I had to get us a hotel room reservation so I did the usual price shopping on travel websites.  Many of the hotels were either already sold out for the weekend already or had rooms with only 1 bed!  I love my husband and 18 year old son  but sleeping with both of them in one bed is just too weird for my taste  While I was looking on the travel websites doing price shopping I could see the rooms available being booked, some sold out before I was able to get the reservation request submitted!  Prices were exhorbitant as well due to demand. Mind you, this weekend festival is 5 months away! But being the cheapskate that I am and knowing lots of 'backdoor' ways to search the web to get better results I managed to find exactly what we needed at a good price and booked it quick.  All this for a three day concert!! 

Totally worth it.  

heavy metal horns emoji.jpg

Julie

0 Kudos
elvan

Julie,

I am so happy for you, what a great weekend to look forward to and how smart of you to book your rooms this early.  Obviously, there are others who are also smart since the rooms were selling out, WOW.  I would probably have been so excited about the tickets that I would have completely forgotten about a place to stay.

Congratulations!

Happy New Year.

Ellen

0 Kudos
minihorses

This will be our second time to go to Rebellion and I swore last time that I'd never go back only because it is a huge open field across the road from the racetrack, bigger than the infield at the racetrack itself with no shade AT ALL unless you have VIP tickets to the "shade" tents.  There are literally thousands of people in attendance but.... there's a bunch of bands we've never seen live before so my husband knew we'd have fun.  With the concert being about 4+ hours from here a hotel is a necessity.  I need to pre-rent a locker too!

Have a very blessed New Year's Day!!

Julie

0 Kudos
elvan

Julie,

You TOO...can you take umbrellas to shield yourself from the sun?  I hope it is the best EVER, I am so glad you have so much time to plan for it and to continue getting psyched.  Happy New Year.

XOXO,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Have fun!

0 Kudos
KMC56

Keep on Rockin`...never too old for rock!

minihorses

I'm over 50 years old, aren't I supposed to think that heavy metal music is just 'too much noise' just like my parents weren't thrilled with rock and roll? 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Go For it.!!!!