cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mon2

day 4

Good Morning:  I am still smoke free.  I had a hard time on yesterday, however, I did not get a cigarette.  Today is a new day and it is starting out rough, hopefully it will get better.  I am reading on here about 3 to 4 hours a day to get through, I know I will.  All the support is awesome, thank you@

10 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

Well good morning to you!  You are doing exactly what you need to do, to get through the hard times.  ARe you 

using NRT's?  Or quitting cold turkey?  

If you are going cold turkey, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, if you are on day 4, you are nicotine free already!

Keep reading.....reading.....reading!  This is so important, as you can find what worked for others, and perhaps implement their strategies into your own quit!  The first couple of weeks is tough for sure!  But remember what good 

will come of being a quitter!  Breathing easier, being able to do things easier!  Being healthy!  Get some fresh air when you feel a craving or urge!  Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking!  I was hypnotized by reading that!  Not literally, but I think it is what helped me most! 

Welcome to a new way of living free!   And do call out for help whenever needed!  People here are great responders and and will help you get through any tough patches.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

That is how we do it - one day at a time.  Do whatever you can to get through it - make a list of things that you can do besides smoke.  I just read your profile and it a truly wonderful thing you have done to adopt twins with special needs.  Congratulations on 4 days!  Stick around and read about this addiction - this site and the people here helped me tremendously in the beginning.

YoungAtHeart

The first couple of weeks are the most difficult.  Get through them however you can...sometimes it's a minute or five at a time.  Slow, deep breaths can become your best friend.  Sip on lots of water.  Exercise if you can.

Just hang in there - it gets easier, I promise!

Nancy

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congratulations on day 4. You've made it happen, so keep working it. High five. Hope you are proud of your efforts. I know it is not easy, but keep adding up your smober days--rewards are good, so treat yourself. Glad that reading and hanging around at Ex is of help to you. One day at a time, yes you can.

0 Kudos
beccalynn35

I am also on day 4 today. Today was easier for me than yesterday. We will succeed in this quit!! Yaaaay

Mon2

Hello, great we will do this together.  I have hard times in the mornings, as the day goes on it gets better for me.  I am praying and getting better.  We will stay close to this group and they will get us where we need to be.

Sandy-9-17-17

Mornings were the toughest for me, as that is when I smoked the most!  Coffee & Cig  with every cup.  I quickly cut back the cups of coffee, and it became a breeze to get through the morning.....You see just changing the way you do things makes a huge difference!

Hope you are well this morning!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Wow you are amazing.....Your gonna make it this time, I just know it. Stay close to the site and lean on us ANYTIME. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

You are doing this quit one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour, minute or even one second at a time as long as you keep moving forward and stacking up your precious DOF - Days Of Freedom with N.O.P.E and vigilance then each evening you will be saying Yay for another Day WON, congratulations on your 4 precious Smokefree days and counting WTG....