cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

COPD on the Rise!

Unfortunately funding is not!

Global, regional, and national deaths, prevalence, disability-adjusted life years, and years lived w... 

What does it take before COPD and Asthmas get the same attention as Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Cancer? 

Did the poor people who use charcoal and animal waste to heat their homes and cook deserve COPD slow death?

Did the construction workers exposed to environmental pollution that tore up their lungs deserve it?

Did even the smokers who were seduced while politicians lined their pockets with Big Tobacco bribes deserve it?

Nobody deserves COPD or Asthma! 

Every man, woman and child is paying for the cost of these devastating diseases either directly or indirectly. 

R&D is getting closer every day but they need money. 

There are better treatments coming along every day. Europe is now routinely using stints rather than LVRS.  

Microbiologists are now identifying the proteins and enzymes that are activated - the on switch - for COPD.

The work continues....

Hope triumphs over all!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
elvan

I so wish that the powers that be would do the research to make treatments available to those of us who would be willing to try just about anything.

BHnCA

YES!!! There it is - you nailed what I’d just said in a previous reply to you about what ISN’T being done in the USA re: COPD treatments.  I know that cell transplants and stints were being done in Europe and, possibly, being on the east coast and that clinical trials with stints were supposedly being done at UCD in Sacramento, CA, but I haven’t heard a single word about them from my pulmonologists in the past 2 years. I’m gonna ask about them next time I have an appointment. If we patients don’t ask and push for it, who will?

0 Kudos