cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Oh Well, "I don't do that anymore"!

The stockings are emptied and most of the gifts are unwrapped.  There is a little leftover turkey but the dressing is all gone.  Driving home from my family Christmas dinner , a brief thought of smoking surfaced from my addictive brain.

I could not even laugh about it.  A little disbelief since I have come so far but I also realize that this time of the year those thoughts come.  I take it seriously and quickly go into protect my quit mode.  NO!  I tell myself "I don't do that anymore".   I was sure the thought would be brief and pass.  Just a thought of smoking associated with the "festivities", no need to act upon it because "I don't do that anymore."  No Need to stop and pick up a pack.  I am free.  I splurged  on cookies, chocolate, cake and ice cream along with an alcoholic drink on Christmas Eve, so I  am open to a certain amount of vulnerability if I am not on guard   A cigarette could have been the last hurrah. (past tense) because....I don't do that anymore.  I was able to brush off the phantom smoke and not focus on finding where it is coming from.  Moving forward because I know it will pass.  I will not be fooled. In serious protect mode  I told myself, suck it in and out take a few deep breathes. Go home. No reason to stop and get smokes, I couldn't envision being able to stop. A cup of hot chocolate will suffice because "I don't do that anymore".  Keeping it real, I am free 1065 DOF.  Merry Christmas Everyone.  I hope you all enjoyed your day smoke free.  I am a nonsmoker. 

Image result for i don't do this anymore

Because, I don't do that anymore

27 Replies
Mandolinrain

Oh dear friend , all our company just left. I am exhausted. It was a beautiful fun filled day,....but wow the work involved. My back and my feet are done...simply done.LOL

Im glad your thought was a whisper that you turned away from cause WE don't do that anymore. I watched as my brother and his girlfriend slipped outside to the garage to smoke. with garage door open, because I insisted...I don't want that stinky smell around. They were never out there long. its like 19 degrees out, or something like that. I remember doing it. How stupid we looked. Glad to have smartened up!

Get some rest, I know I am  xoxoMissy

elvan

Merry Christmas, Jackie.  I am so exhausted, I am in my pajamas, about to wash my face and clear the stuff off the bed and surrender to sweet sleep,

WE don't do that any more, my friend.

Love,

Ellen

Cecesntraffic

Thanks for the honesty . Today is day one and you are right “I don’t smoke anymore “

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX.  

You have come to the right place for a new day and a rebirth.

Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction because education is the key to a successful quit.  

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101 

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started.  The best is yet to come.

0 Kudos
Cecesntraffic

Thanks Jackie...

0 Kudos
Nhandi

Hey CeCe, you re doing good.  Don't give up!

0 Kudos
Cecesntraffic

Thanks for the text messages today, i was happy as heck yesterday day 1 and miserable today...

0 Kudos
Nhandi

you can do it......I know you can.  Did you tell them I referred you?

0 Kudos
Cecesntraffic

Haven't ran across the page to add a name just asked referred by "Friend".  YOU are a lifesaver referring me this site