cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gottastop2

Baby it's cold outside!

Sure am glad I'm not standing out there freezing trying to get a quick smoke in without freezing!!

8 Replies
Strudel

So true! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Me, too!

0 Kudos
TW517

I just got home from a dinner with 10 friends.  All of us began smoking in our early teens together.  Only 3 are still smoking.  I could see them out the window huddling and trying to stay warm while they smoked.  I'm not sure I've ever been as happy as I was in that moment

susan_m

I was one of the last of my friends to quit.  One of my motivators was moments like that....it had really just become too much trouble. 

Hopefully at one of your next dinners y'all will all be smoke free.

elvan

I don't see the people I grew up smoking with, some have died, I live a long ways from the small NY town where I learned to smoke. Now, I live in Virginia and some of my closest friends smoke like chimneys...always saying they WANT to quit, they SHOULD quit. At the same time, looking a me like they would really like me to stop making them feel uncomfortable.  I don't MEAN to...but I refuse to be around anyone's smoke, no matter who they are or how much I care about them.  I have these crippled and shriveled up little lungs that I damaged all by myself.  I pray that they don't do the same.  I am looking outside, it is supposed to be 60 today and 62 tomorrow...overcast and maybe raining.  I would have been out there under an umbrella keeping that smoke nice and close to my face and hair and HATING the smell!  I, too, am grateful not to be out there.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

I'll 2nd that

0 Kudos
susan_m

Me too!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hat check, gloves check, scarf, boots,  not me.  lol

0 Kudos