cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML Weekly Check In – 12/20/2017

Imagine, as realistically as possible, the place where you want to be in the near future, the state you wish to reach and the Universe will help you and guide you - Anonymous

We are doing this discussion every Wednesday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We will offer topic questions below if you find yourself at a loss for what to post.  These are for ideas.  We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us in NML.  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

Topic Questions:

1. If you could have any celebrity be your best friend, which celebrity would you pick?

2. If you created your own country, what would it be called?

3. If all your clothes had to be one color forever, what color would you pick?

Are you about a month into your quit? Are you feeling a little down, a little lost? Don’t fret – you’re entering No Man’s Land, the 100 days that start about the time your first month ends.

The first month of a quit is emotional, exhilarating, exhausting, and many other “e” words I’m sure!  You are trying to take one moment at a time and focusing all of your energy on your brand new quit. Around the one-month mark, things start to change, and you spend the next 100 days or so in a place called “No Man’s Land.”

In No Man’s Land, you’ve come a long way, but still have a long way to go. The routine cravings are gone but the surprise cravings can knock you to your knees. Your family and friends think you should be “over it” while you still feel quite fragile sometimes. Your relationships with smoking friends/family may be feeling strained. Your inner junkie is still around, still whispering to you, and the temptation to give in can be every bit as strong as it was in your first few days.

But here’s the good news. In these same 100 days, for most people, your circulation has improved substantially, walking has become easier, and your overall lung function has increased noticeably. Sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath have decreased. Your body's overall energy has increased. The roller coaster is smoothing out, and you are feeling calmer and stronger overall. Good things are happening!

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate) 

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months:  What To Expect In The First Four Months 

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club!

Tags (2)
15 Replies
Deb-EX

I LOVE this, what a great idea!! I'm IN. I can use every bit of guidance, distraction and camaraderie I can get during my journey through NML. 

Debbie 38 days Smoke Free.

gottastop2

Hi Debbie, Congrats on 38 days!!  I think that's how many I have too.  Was your quit date Nov. 12th? I have quit several times and NML is when I have gone back to smoking every other time.  I plan to stick close here to get through it this time

Deb-EX

Hi! Yes 11/12/17 is my quit date. This is my 1st quit date, my 1st time in NML and I can see why you would go back to smoking here. Stick CLOSE to this support group, take the advice, reach out when you're in trouble and you should never have to go back to Day ONE. It's a journey and it's work, it's emotional (oh my) but if you have the determination YOU can do it!! Congratulations to you on 38 days too let's keep stacking-up our days together....

gottastop2

Yep, let's do it! I sure do not want to do Day 1 again ever!  If I lose count , I'll look for your posts so I know how many days we have   

Deb-EX

Ok! Let’s do it.    Love that we share the same Quit date, Look for me in the daily pledge.. you will see our days stacking up FAST! 

gottastop2

Wahoo! Another day Debbie!

Roller831

gottastop2‌ and Deb-EX‌ This is what the NML check in is all about!  Finding support with others and finding quit buddies who can helkp you get through the rough spots!  You are totally making my day and making this check in worth it in my eyes!  Thank you both!

Deb-EX

Exactly!! Quit buddies..All of us need to stick together like GLUE because I am pretty sure we are all experiencing how vulnerable we are in NML... I love this. Everyone grab their clubs!! LOL