cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

In-Betweeners Weekly Check In - 12/18/2017

Hello, In-Betweeners!  I will be posting this discussion every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in-betweeners; basically months 5 to 12 of a quit.  Regardless of how long you've been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us!  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

This week’s topic: Holiday Stress

Whether you are in-between or not, I think this time of year brings added stress to our lives.  Many of us are facing our first holidays smoke and/or nicotine free!  YAY!  With that can bring trepidation and anxiety.  

Give your fellow in-betweeners some ideas on how best to deal with this smoke free stressful holiday season!  What new memories are you excited to partake in now that you are smoke free?  

Come one come all and share your experiences, strengths, and hopes for a successful, relapse free, and stress-less holiday season!

Checking in here will help you get through the in-betweener months and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML or In-betweener Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Roller831

All right in-betweeners!  Check in and let us know how you are coping this holiday season!  Anyone can check in!

0 Kudos
TW517

We're not travelling this year, we're not buying near the amount of gifts we used to, and it seems like most of my clients and tenants are taking time off for the holidays, so my stress level is way down.  Because of all those things, I have a lot of free time.  I never knew how much "having the opportunity to smoke" played into my addiction.  I've been practically free of smoking thoughts for a couple of months.  But the last few days, I keep having this, "Oh, now I have time to go have a cigarette" thought, before realizing I don't do that anymore.  At first, I thought it was kind of funny.  Gotta admit that it's beginning to annoy me now!

I will survive though.  And I am really looking forward to Christmas Day when I won't be in a bad mood because there is no opportunity to go smoke.

Kellybeth

Wow, Your story is a lot like mine. Sometimes I feel like that too, like I have 10 extra minutes and I could sneak in a cigarette. I do at times have to remind myself I am no longer a smoker! Hooray for us!!

Roller831

Neither one of you are alone!  I think it is the hustle and bustle of this time of year, but I have been having similar thoughts.  I think part of it is erasing what I used to do (escape with a smoke) vs. what I can do now without the smoke.  I am creating new memories this holiday season now that I don't do that anymore!

minihorses

Yup, I'm right there with y'all. Not like I have extra time but I do have the stress of the holiday that I bring on myself.  I've had the thoughts more often but won't act on them.  Why waste a good quit? That's like throwing away a perfectly good cake, even if I can't eat more than a bite! Let's hang in here in NML, we made it this far!!

Julie  52 Dof

Roller831

One step and then another will get you to where you want to be - Larry, the Caravan Master

I don't do that anymore!

NOPE

SINAO

We ALL can do this!

0 Kudos