cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TW517

Forgot my winter coat

Within 2 weeks of my quit date last May, I had washed or dry cleaned every article of clothing I owned.  Or so I thought.  It never occurred to me to get my winter coat out and have it cleaned. So if any of you are wondering how long the smell of smoke stays on your clothing without washing it, the answer is at least 7 months.  And I'm stuck in this small office or my small car all day.  Yech!

9 Replies
Roller831

Reading your post makes me cringe and choke a bit.  Might I recommend some air freshner so you have stale smoke smell and air freshner smell?  LOL!  Or....they make this product called Poo Pourri (at Bed, Bath, and Beyond) that is super strong...try that?

And get that thing cleaned quickly!  I think I would rather go coatless!

Deb-EX

LOL.. I SAW that Poo Pourri and I'm actually getting that for my husband & son as a stocking stuffer joke!! How funny is that! I was laughing when I saw it, however they will be using it for bathroom purposes   I HOPE it works

TW517

I decided to go home for lunch.  I sprayed some Fabreeze on it, let that sit for about 15 minutes, then threw in the dryer with scented dryer sheet for 15.  Worked like a charm.

YAY! Ingenuity Saves The Day!  🙂

YoungAtHeart

I was going to suggest you give out free clothespins to those affected!!

Great problem solving --- and you didn't even need to have a smoke to think clearly!

WHAT a good thing!

Nancy

Deb-EX

I haven't taken out my winter coat yet! Thanks for the warning, I never even thought about that  I'll have to throw mine in the washer and get it ready!! NO stinky coat, YUCK!

Deb-EX

Thank GOD for Fabreeze.. love that stuff!

JACKIE1-25-15

I have a leather bomber jacket with a fur collar and every time I wore it my daughter asked if I had started smoking again.  Never got it cleaned but sprayed some fa breeze on the collar.  Took care of the problem. YAY

Daniela2016

And I was ready to tell you to go get a new coat.  Thanks for another lesson today, so happy you saved it