Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ampan75

Dopamine and crave

does increasing dopamine reduces crave. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Dopamine certainly reduces the physical aspects of craving. The most challenging aspect of craving is the psychological part and for that we need to learn new ways to cope with Life's lessons. We must stop running from emotions to Nicotine and realize that Sickerettes make nothing - absolutely nothing - better. So what will you do instead?

elvan

FEEL, you can learn to FEEL.  It is okay to be angry, it is okay to be sad, it is okay to FEEL.  The dopamine raises my spirits, there is no doubt, I feel MUCH better after I exercise or do something that makes me feel something positive about myself...even getting angry helps as long as I can find a way to express it without being nasty...I have always wanted to have rooms full of dishes that I could throw against a wall and break to express my anger.  My problem is that I LIKE dishes, I don't WANT to break them, LOL.  Cleaning helps if I can keep the dust down...dust in these poor old lungs is a very, very bad thing. Doing something physical helps with the psychological as well because it makes me feel like I have spent the energy in a good way...a gratitude journal is WONDERFUL...so is something creative...painting, sewing, drawing, baking...positive self talk.  You CAN do this.  If I can do this, ANYONE can do this.  

Stay close to the site, there are always answers here and one of them might just jump off the page and grab you and tell you that it is the one for you!

Best,

Ellen

I found distraction helps in the early stages.  Mine was ripping shelving paper off with my fingernails one afternoon very refreshing while grumbling the whole way through

Anya

I feel indebted to Thomas for his series of blogs about how one can boost dopamine. I really had no idea that we could have direct impact on this. Everyday I do some dopamine boosting activities and IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE! In how I feel (physically, mentally) and a boost in happiness and well-being. Well, that directly impacts and destroys those cravings!

My favorite near-instant crave buster is to get up and move my body. A 10 minute brisk walk does wonders; a jog or strengthening exercises are even quicker as crave busters.

Here's a new list of dopamine boosting activities:

10 Ways to Increase Dopamine to Boost Your Productivity - Endless Events 

Let us know how you're doing! Take care!

Anya

day 30