cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

Relief

It is such a relief to not be obsessed in MY mind of the MANY thoughts of using nicotine...IN THE PAST..... as soon as I wake up the old thoughts came rushing in..... using nicotine to get up...move... talk... breathe...act... cook... every ACTION under the sun for my day! NOW today what a RELIEF I said a prayer asked God for help and came here to share what a relief it is NOT to HAVE to use nicotine to live this one day... today I have God who is love in ME and I do what was SUGGESTED to ME years ago  by the SOME of the elders here... to come share MY  experince of how living nicotine FREE today... relieved I dont have to use nicotine and have to go out in the first snowfall here in my area...to use nicotine... i am relieved that I have extra money to spend on others.... or give to the food pantry... or buy gifts cards for others....or for ME..... I am relieved all I must do to keep this nicotine freedom is give it all away to anyone who suffers from nicotine addiction by blogging and sharing the love that says you can CHOOSE relief by choosing to make a DECISION to be relieved of your bondage of SELF using nicotine by CHOOSING not to use TODAY! Welcome to ALL newbees what a relief you CHOSE to come to this site TODAY for YOU! Please take what helps and let go of the rest... thank you.     

4 Replies
elvan

Good morning, lady, what a relief is RIGHT!  I would jump out of bed and get downstairs and to the deck no matter how awful the weather was, to feed my addiction.  It was the FIRST thing on my mind every morning.  I am so glad to be free of those chains of addiction...SO grateful.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

So true, Diane Joy!  I can lounge in bed for a few minutes when I awaken (and even doze a bit, if I so choose) - and not have to jump up and run for that first fix.

Freedom from addiction is more wonderful than I ever imagined!

Thanks for the reminder (and encouragement to those who are struggling that it will be worth it).

Nancy

Yes, before the first thought on my mind was not to Break the Fast but to Get my Fix! I didn't think to care about Thanking the Lord for another Morning. When I first began my Quit Journey I wrote out the https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1091-take-the-daily-pledge?sr=search&searchId=46f52145-0...‌ and even before sitting upright I would read the pledge to myself and then pray to my Father that I may do His will. To this day this is how I begin the day.

Thank Diane Joy for reminding us of our first priority - LOVE!

Mortalzeus

I agree   Freeing my mind of this crazed obsession has allowed me to clarify my thoughts and be more productive in my choices. 

Darren