cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ampan75

patching at night

I am planning to put patch at night so that it's already 8 hours when I get up. and no craving in morning. is it good strategy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

🙂

I didn't smoke while I slept so I could never understand needing nicotine while I slept.

The patch takes about 45 minutes to kick in so I just put one on in the morning.

Some people have disturbingly vivid dreams. They leave the patch off at night.

Onward and upward.

YoungAtHeart

Others have smoked their last cigarette first thing in the morning. There is no reason to start your quit in the evening, so you could have just one and THEN put on the patch.

Just a thought!

Nancy

I purposely saved one for the morning so I wouldn't be craving a cigarette after sleeping. I went to the store and got my patches a few hours later. I was down from a pack a day to 5 a day when I did this.

Your actual quit starts from the last cigarette you smoked.

ampan75

that's what. just had the last one. I don't want to give it to morning. I believe God is with me. I hope it goes well. my quit date was 10th but can't wait. thanks all beautiful people. 

YoungAtHeart

GO ampan75 !

GOampan75 !

GOampan75 !

Remember your tools:  slow/deep breaths, walking , sipping on cold water, maybe some sugarfree gum or mints, distract, distract, distract!

Welcome to the first day of your new, healthy life!

Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing!

Nancy

ampan75

Thanks Nancy...

just put the patch. my first aim is to get over stick. and than nicotine. that fear of stick must go. just been 15 min on patch. let's see. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Excited for you, remember we are here and please stay close.  You CAN do this, God IS with you, he is with ALL of us on our journeys.

Best,

Ellen

ampan75

thanks you been very caring. patch is also a pshycological one for me. I have a support.