cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Moderation FYI

Jump to solution

Just an FYI Mark‌  An hour ago I received the following in an email (and EX inbox):

I posted it six days ago and had no idea it went into moderation.  I.e. I wasn't notified of such.  (Unless I forgot.)  Don't know what could have triggered it.  Probably just a burp in the system.  Here's the link to the blog:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Mandolinrain-blog/2017/12/01/all-went-well?commentID=722183... 

Are we no longer notified if something goes into moderation?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some things got falsely sent to moderation on 12/1. I waited so evidence could be gather to determine why that happened on specific posts.  I released those comments. It appears it was only an issue for that day and things have resumed to normal. 

Giulia‌ there was never a moderation notification that I am aware of but you did get a notification when it was accepted or rejected and immediately after it is posted you see a note in the post that it is under moderation if you are not in the Inbox replying. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

I had something go into moderation at that same time for no apparent reason - Mark did put out a notice that there were problems with the system and it was being looked into.  My comment did show up a day or so later but I only received a notice today that it had been released.  I did see that it was in moderation when I went back to the blog.

0 Kudos

I don't remember EVER being notified that anything was going into moderation - just a notice when it was released.

0 Kudos

hey that was my post about the twins...whats going on?

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mandolinrain‌  It's all YER fault - don'tcha know!  lol   Congratulatory comments on twins can create double trouble.  

YoungAtHeart‌  I USED to see a brief  one-line pop up that said something like "your comment has gone into moderation mode" or some such comment.  Haven't seen it of late. It was a real brief here again - gone again notification.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some things got falsely sent to moderation on 12/1. I waited so evidence could be gather to determine why that happened on specific posts.  I released those comments. It appears it was only an issue for that day and things have resumed to normal. 

Giulia‌ there was never a moderation notification that I am aware of but you did get a notification when it was accepted or rejected and immediately after it is posted you see a note in the post that it is under moderation if you are not in the Inbox replying. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Figured it was just a glitch.

As I recall there was a brief pop-up that occurred that alerted you that your content was being moderated.  But then I could be totally mistaken.

Anyway, glad it's all fixed.  

I am NEVER mistaken!

(well, there WAS that one time back in ought '02...)

😉

You're right Giulia, I remember because I also got moderated on Mandolinrain's blog too and I got the pop up as well.

0 Kudos