cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

In-Betweeners Weekly Check In - 12/4/2017

Hello, In-Betweeners!  I will be posting this discussion every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in-betweeners; basically months 5 to 12 of a quit.  Regardless of how long you've been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us!  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

This week’s topic: Getting to know your fellow In-betweener

If you could pick one job to do forever (and be guaranteed all the money you need), what job would it be?

Checking in here will help you get through the in-betweener months and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML or In-betweener Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Tra119

If I could do one job forever, I would continue to work with special needs children / adults. I feel this to be such a rewarding career and just being able to make a difference in someones life completes my day. I know that the pay is not great at all but it is what I choose at 17 years old and here I am at 47 continuing to make a difference in the people I serve. Love my job!!!! 

Roller831

Tra119‌ I can't put in words how special you are.  All I will say is I have a son who has autism and the people in his life are truly amazing.  I am forever grateful to anyone who chooses to work in the field of dealing with individuals who have special needs.  

Tra119

Thank you Rollercoaster831 , I appreciate that! 

0 Kudos
TW517

I love my job, and want to keep doing it forever.  But I could be talked into taking a break for maybe a year to do Rick Steve's job

susan_m

Exactly!  I have a daughter who's studying abroad in Europe - she's channeling her inner Rick every weekend!

TW517

Our daughter did that 5 years ago.  She had a blast, and we had a blast visiting her!

Roller831

Well...I love my current job which may be boring to many, but my unrealistic dream job is to own my own bar and restaurant and be the head chef.  I love to cook (and eat) and the only reason I didn't become a chef is due to the long hours and low pay.  I may venture into the food truck world someday...I am currently thinking of pursuing a small business venture so I can employ my son to help with his future.

elvan

If I could do whatever I wanted...I would go back to working in the ER and ICU, of course, I would have to be a whole lot healthier and stronger to do that but my job was so rewarding.  I LOVED it.  I remember a bumper sticker being around when I was working...it said, "Starve with dignity, become a nurse."  I am not so sure that is the case these days as salaries for nurses seem to be climbing and climbing. Tra119  My step grandson has mild autism, he struggles terribly in some situations, I applaud you for helping those kids to make their way in this world.  It is certainly not easy for anyone and those with autism seem to have all kinds of varying degrees.  Thank you for helping them.  roller831‌ my son and his wife, the parents of my step grandson...have their own business.  A vegetarian/vegan cafe.  It's an enormous amount of work, she knew she wanted to be a chef when she was a child.  Her son...works every Saturday at the cafe.  He helps to make sandwiches and salads, he has learned to read the order tickets and when the register is really busy...he also runs food to the tables.  That means he has to figure out where it goes and then make sure they have what they need.  I watched him this past Saturday and I swear if he could have sucked his head into his shell, like a turtle, he would have been really happy to do that.  He is precious and I just love him so much.  We laugh all the time and he helps me with the things I can't do like lifting the chairs onto the tables.  I think working at the cafe has done wonders for him.  

Roller831

If there is anything I have learned over the years is that we need to celebrate abilities and never underestimate anyone!