cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Life is hard

I was doing so good. My cravings were manageable. My mood was good. My determination was on point. And then life kicked me in the teeth. Hard! My life was turned upside down and I was filled with anxiety, fear, worry, anger, sadness and just pure craziness. In a blink of an eye. So I went to my go to vice and picked up a cigarette. Actually.....I picked up several. I set myself back a whole week. I'm so disappointed in myself that I wasn't strong enough to put myself in check. But at the time, smoking was the least of my worries and it was too new of a thing to bare any ground. But......I'm back on track again. Had a long talk with God and we've decided that the next time the devil throws tobacco at me during a storm, I will stand my ground. I may not be able to control all of the circumstances that come my way but I can choose how I react and how I handle them. Lesson was learned.......everyday is a lesson.

Peace people and keep on keepin' on!

24 Replies
Mortalzeus

Every lesson learned will make you so much stronger by being able to better understand the addiction.  So glad you and God came to an agreement I walked the path for so long not knowing He was there, from the beginning, waiting for me to ask for His help.  Thank You so much for sharing your experience!

Stay Strong and Embrace the Journey

Darren

YoungAtHeart

I am SO happy to hear you are right back on track!  Have a plan of what ELSE you can do when life throws  the inevitable cr@p at you. You can take slow/deep breaths, call a friend, take a quick walk, soak in the tub, come here and blog about it.......

Just don't smoke!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Thanks for the update. Curve balls in life do keep happening, but you came back around to your quit. That's something good. Keep coming back!

Mandolinrain

I too am so happy your starting your quit again and not waiting. Talking to God....beautiful, blogging here, outstanding...You have the wisdom to do this and you have us and you always have your Heavenly Father....we care and we are here for you! Glad your here!

Posamari

Glad to hear you're back on track. You can do this!

The addiction rarely allows for 'just one'.

One leads to two

Two leads to three

Three leads to a pack........

NOPE is really the only way through.

Iamkfaz

I am sorry for that horrible experience. I am so happy you came right back to your quit. It took me 3 months. Well done!

Tabbiekat

The guilt and self disappointment is real and it sucks. I quit 10/17 and slipped 10/30, quit again 10/31 and it took me almost a month to get over the guilt of it. Like you had a long talk with God and make a plan to not let the nic demon in again. I also replayed the hours leading up to the slip and now know what I did wrong (outside of lighting up) and made some more plans in how to keep it from happening again. Know that you are not alone

Tabbie

elvan

amandastewart79  So sorry that you are struggling...please think about what you have just been through and answer a question HONESTLY....did smoking really make anything better?  Did smoking fix anything?  I made myself answer that question BEFORE I smoked and believe me, I got kicked in the teeth and then STEPPED on...I knew smoking wouldn't help me and it won't help you.  Getting right back to your quit is the best gift you can give yourself.  Figure out what went wrong and try to plan for what you will do if you get kicked in the teeth again.  Life happens and smoking does not help ANYTHING...I promise you that it will get easier if you stick with it.

Ellen

Anite

Thank you!!! such insparational people on this site.  I will quit again. It is a priority in my life.  My poor lungs are acting up again.

0 Kudos