cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

whalenda

Day one almost done!

At this moment my first day of quitting smoking is almost complete. Yippie! I tried to keep myself busy and that did help.  I found myself reaching for a cig. several times without even thinking. Good thing I destroyed the remaining cigs. last night and placed a bowel of mints in the location the cigs. normally would have been.  I think it was a good idea  to make sure all smoking materials and lighters were removed from the house.  On to day two!

9 Replies
TW517

Congrats!  As we say here, Day Won!  Getting over that hurdle of starting your quit is huge.  You're on your way now!

dwwms

It's a great idea to get rid of all the smoking paraphernalia! Particularly at first, the more distance you put between you and getting a cigarette, the better. You'll find yourself reaching for a cig (or in my case, always checking my pocket to make sure a lighter was there) for awhile, but it will wane. GREAT START!!

elvan

whalenda  I think putting a bowl of mints where your cigarettes use to be was a WONderful idea, look where it got you!  I gave away 8 packs of cigarettes that were left in a carton along with many coupons I had collected and all of my hand carried ashtrays and lighters.  I rearranged furniture so that the place on the deck where I used to smoke was no longer there, the butt can was gone, all of the ashtrays were gone, there was a place to sit to relax without puffing away. Of course, I happened to quit in January during a polar vortex so the LAST place I wanted to be was outside.  It is seriously the best thing I ever did for myself, I worked hard to quit and to stay quit and this site deserves more credit than I do.  I read blogs and I commented, I listened to advice, I wrote blogs.  Instead of smoking first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, I came here and I connected with people instead of nicotine.  I have NEVER regretted quitting.

CONGRATULATIONS on your first day WON!  May there be many, many more.

Ellen

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your precious Day WON! Yay for you getting rid of the smoking crap and replacing it with a bowl of mints, that's a huge high five for you.

maryfreecig

Congratulations on your first day. Keep coming back, keep working your quit. Yes you can, one day at a time.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

C74F01BE-45B6-46C7-98BA-DD5F3F7AFC6B.jpeg

0 Kudos
bonniebee

First day won is that exciting or what !!!  The first two days were the most diffcult for me and day 3 got a little easier . Grab some straws cut into thirds and keep them with you they became my pacifier for the first 4 months then I gradually left them behind .

So glad you are here !!!

gottastop2

Wahoo! Way to go! Day one down   

0 Kudos
Iamkfaz

Congratulations!!

0 Kudos