cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Anya

Huge waves of fatigue!

I'm on day 13 of my quit and have been fighting with huge waves of fatigue this week. I've been falling asleep on the sofa right after dinner  ,   go to bed early and still feel tired all day!! I am getting several walks in a day and eating well.  

I hope this is just my body healing and adjusting....but it is challenging to deal with this dull foggy mind and sluggish body. I had so much great energy during the first week! (It seems that I've had increasing fatigue and depression as the weeks/ months progress during previous quits).

Thanks for any advice or support:)

Anya

day 13

Tags (1)
28 Replies
bacardigirl

Anya, congrats on 13 days - that's wonderful! Fatigue was a huge symptom I had. Nicotine increases your heart rate so now that you don't have that stimulant, your body is adjusting to life without cigarettes.  It will pass, just hang in there, you're doing great!

Jennifer-Quit

Congrats to you on 13 days!!!!!  Fatigue is a very normal symptom but will get better with time.  Keep up the healthy lifestyle - You are doing great!

YoungAtHeart

It might help to keep a journal of how you are feeling.  All of the trials and tribulations are why I am still quit at 5+ years. I never want to retake that journey.

Perfectly normal and to be expected.  Your body is trying to figure out how to work without the drug(s).  It WILL - but you must be patient  For now, do what you're doing.  If all you can do is get through each day - just remember, you are doing something SPECTACULAR - you are quitting smoking!!!

Hang in there; this too shall pass!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Congratulations on 13. It takes time to get out of the addiction--so keep learning, growing. One day at a time, you can recover.

elvan

Congratulations on 13 days, two weeks tomorrow.  A LOT of people experience fatigue early in their quits and you are taking lots of walks, eating right...doing everything you should.  Our bodies take time to recover from the abuse we put them through. I think you will start feeling more like yourself soon.  That fogginess takes time...you are doing just what you should be doing, don't get discouraged.

Ellen

freeneasy

Quitting smoking is a huge mental and physical adjustment and nicotine is a stimulant.  Good job give it time and you'll adjust.

Deb-EX

Hi Anya! Congratulations on your 13 days!! You're right behind me. Hang in there! I agree with you, your body is most likely healing and adjusting to 4000 chemicals LESS in it's system, great thing! SLEEP if you can, I was tired too. You're doing everything right in my opinion... take care of you for a bit 🙂

bonniebee

I had fatigue to and one way to combat the fatigue and depression is to get fresh air and walk or do any type of exercise that  you like .  

Are you a coffee or tea Drinker and have you cut back on drinking them if so you could be experiencing some caffeine withdrawal also .

You are doing great and you are only just finishing Heck week so hang  in there just accept the fact that you are in withdrawal from a powerful addiction and it will get better and you will feel free I promise you !

Anya

Thank-you everyone for your support and encouraging words. I know fatigue is common, but today it felt like walking uphill with weighted shoes and dark glasses. And my brain seemed to be working at half speed! But a big realization occurred....fatigue is a trigger for me, and today my thoughts strayed to "just smoke a few tonight." 

And I replied....there is nothing worth smoking about, ever.