Sometimes

the simplest things feel

like a big huge deal

in this delicate state

I do what I can

which doesn't seem like much

22 Replies
Mortalzeus

What you do may not seem like much, but even the smallest step is a step forward on the road to FREEDOM! 

Stay Strong and Embrace the Journey

Darren

YoungAtHeart

YOU ARE QUITTING SMOKING!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

🙂

JACKIE1-25-15

Keep on Keepin on.  You do not know how far you can go unless you keep going: never give in never give  up.   You can do this.  It is doable.  One day at a time sometimes one minute.  The cravings do not last that long embrace  them.  Enjoy this ride to freedom. .  Think of your body cleansing itself.  Breath, have lots of water available.  You are well on your way.  
Hang tough, stay close, NOPE no matter what.  Tell yourself you "just don't do this anymore."  Be done.  The journey continues. 

elvan

Remember that this too shall pass...we have ALL been there, Tammy.  There was someone on here who said that her therapist said everyone could feel sorry for themselves for 15 minutes a day...no more.  I am not sure you are feeling sorry for yourself but it sounds like you are in a fragile state and you need to push yourself out of that, whatever that means...watch some funny videos, play computer games...be gentle with yourself but at the same time, be FIRM.  Tell yourself that you have to take care of yourself by doing something that makes you feel better.  No crave ever killed anyone...smoking kills, lots and lots of people.  Pay attention to JACKIE1-25-15‌, move on.  You CAN do this...you ARE doing this.  Maybe a little reward for yourself is in order?

One day at a time...

0 Kudos
Giulia

Push through - to get to.

Tammyzhere

I was afraid to go outside cuz

I just didn't feel good - sniffles, funny tummy and such.

I just felt little and withdrawn... and

that's where the smokes and the smokers are.

And the more I put off going the scarier it seemed.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON...

SO-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I was able to go run some errands 

and make it back home and not smoke

Day 14 

elvan

Congratulations...that has got to be hard, to know that the cigarettes and the smokers are outside.  Can you at least ask the smokers not to leave the cigarettes laying around?  Ask them to support you by putting them away and cleaning up after themselves?  Is that a possibility?

Tammyzhere

lol - the smokers are outside my house = in the world 

like in their cars, walking down the street, etc 

so no - the rest of the world will 

continue to do what they do

which means that the 

smokers will smoke

and I will just have

to learn to deal

0 Kudos
ampan75

th best way to deal with fear is to face it. you will win and get confident.